Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 18, 2010

1-18-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: Where am I?!?!... Venice?!?! ….

Ya, so I'm a zone leader…. I got moved from Villa Montes to the zone Montero. Its like an hour outside of Santa Cruz. I'm in an area called Pampala Madre, in English it means Field the Mother. But ya I'm just trying to get used to everthing. Being zone leader isn't too hard, just more time consuming. The only thing is that we have to give a lot of classes and training...which...well... I'm just terrible at right now. But basically I just have to give a good example. My comp is helping me out a ton. This is his last change and he wants to end well, so we are working super hard. The area is great, we had 13 people in church yesterday and 9 people with dates. The reason for the success is because our branch looks like a ward from the states, its awesome. I just have to keep the ball rolling after Elder Vasquez leaves.I had a pretty great first day. I was in a trio with another zone leader named Elder Anderson from AZ. The first night it rained harder than I've ever seen in my life. We woke up to flooded streets the next day in most places the water was past my knees. We would spend like 15 minutes at each intersection trying to figure out a way cross. But then me and Elder Anderson said ´´forget it´´ and just trugged (I actually spelled that right)through the water. My zone is pretty cool. Elder Cockram from my group is in my zone. My amigo Elder Thompson, who's ending this transfer is opening an area here too. And another Elder named Elder Manrique is here too. It's so weird being in charge. I need to be a little more vocal I don't really say much. The people here are awesome. There's a convert here that reminds me so much of Eduardo from my first area in Lima. He name is Juan, I wanna bring him to the states too haha. But he' awesome, he's always helping us out with visits. We are teaching a little grandma named Mercedez. She doesn't see or hear too well, so we teach with a lot of pictures. We wanted to teach her about baptism but she couldnt see the picture in the pamphlet we had. So we took a 2 foot by 3 foot painting off the wall and stuck it in her lap... it was just so funny looking. ´´OH, now I see´´. She's such a sweet little lady. She's getting baptized the 30th. So ya, I'm just trying to get use to this whole thing. I have less than a week doing this. And tommorow we have zone conference, so I get to teach a class in front of President Maynes, that'll be interesting.I might end my mission here in Montero... thats crazy. Before I forget... I dont know if this exists, but is there some kind of sunblock that's also a bug spray? Cuz... that'd be awesome
Crystal- What are you going to study?
Mom-Dad- Thats good to hear about Kay's septic flowing again.
Grandma- Thanks for the news.
EE- ya I saw a couple of my buddies. Elder Jacobsen is now a Zone leader outin the Amazon, Elder Evans, Elder Ward and Elder Allen are all Zone Leadersin Santa cruz. With each trasnfer more and more from my group will be ZoneLeaders, so we´ll be seeing each other a lot.
Kim- Brennen is a funny kid.
Well... this is just funny. I'll get a hang of this more hopefully thisweek. Love you guys, talk to you when I'm 21.

Love Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!