Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 11, 2010

9-28-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: James youre killing me man

Hey everybody,Sounds like things are going pretty well up north. Things are going pretty well down south too. This week we've been focusing on working with inactive families, there a few spots where 5 or six families live right next to eachother, so we are trying to get them activated, and then they can help us activate others, and bring investigators to church. The big problem we have here is just lack of man power. No one comes to prepare the sacrament, so we have to come early and get everything ready. So then we don't have time to bring investigators to church, so first we need to get more people coming,and then give them some responsibility so we can do our real jobs. But things are getting better. We had 3 people come to church yesterday. All three should be getting baptized b4 November. Church went pretty well yesterday, a lot of familie showed up. I taught primary with a 2 second notice that was really neat. I think we all know that me plus pressure equals bad We had the best service project in the history of ever this week. They told us we needed to clean up the lot where one day the chapel will be. And the president said all we need to bring are matches. So we had a good time setting giant fires on a windy day when it was about 95 degrees. Brought me back some good memories.Things with my comp are pretty good, we are polar opposites, so I think I have a lot to learn from him, but he needs to learn some things from me too. Hes more positive and cheerful than I am, so Ive been trying to let that rub off on me, its working out more or less. This shuld be a pretty good week, we have a talent show this Wednesday. Im going to do a little magic show. problem is I rmemeber one good magic trick,so its going to be more like a comedy routine. But it should be a good time. And I am soooooo excited for general conference. There was actually a chance that we weren't going to be able to go, cuz the only chapel around here is an hour away. But now we are going to spend the whole weekend in Yaquiba with the zone. Ive been counting down for two months for this. So two stories. Last night we were visiting an inactive member named Martin, and the tv was on behind him, and I could only see a corner of it. After about 20 minutes I recognized the music that was playing, and looked up. the new (well new for me) James Bond movie was playing. I had about 2 weeks in the mission when that came out, needless to say Ive been wanting to see it.It was a tough visit. And we visited another lady who is more or less active, but she works a lot on Sunday selling empanadas. When we talked about the Sabbath day she said''but, if I don't work on Sunday, I won't be able to afford my tithing''. I don't really have a joke for that, but I don't think a joke is needed, just read the quote again.
Valynn- we just found out something very awesome about our area. we can go. ready for this.. FISHING! I am so excited for that. But today its really cold, so we are going to wait till next week to go. But Ill probably be doing that every week that Im here, cuz theres nothing else. But that's ok,cuz fishing is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. Jamen take my advice, GO TO THE STAKE DANCES
Grandma- thanks for the news, good luck with Roxy. The model airplane was really cool.
EE- I have to go to another city to watch conference.
Crystal- Practice is the best way to learn, I guarantee youll pick up some spanish b4he leaves. But don't try and teach him English, its waaaay harder.
Mom, Dad- thanks for the ideas, and the packages, I haven't received anything since Ive been in Villa Montes. I received that package with the hiker meals a whiel ago. I think theres some stuff waiting for me in Yacuibathough. And have fun on the cruise. Well, take care everybody, youre in my prayers.

Love Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!