Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 11, 2010

8-24-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: 14 months...

Hey everybody Well its Monday again and things are going really well down here. As far as work goes we had an amazing week. The ward has given us a bunch of great references of people that are ready to be baptized. We met one lady and found out her hubby is a returned missionary that went inactive, but a few weeks ago decided he wanted to come back to church. Turns out he served in Lima East, so me and him have fun making fun of Lima together. But its really great watching him turn his life around. His wife Fanny and his stepson Guimer are getting baptized on the 5th so we are pretty excited about that. Hes trying to get everything takin care of so he can bless his baby on the 5th too. Theres also a guy named Daniel that told us he wanted to get baptized during the first visit, we have citas with both of them today.I did divisions this week with Elder Puglisi’s comp. It was a LONG day.The kid is really nice, good heart, but tries my patients. My comp said this week we are doing divisions again, but this time me and Poogles are going to be together, that’s going to be fun. So I received a letter from Cyd that she wrote in March, that was neat. She talked about NCAA Basketball ending… and its about to start again. And then I received two letters from KK that said ‘’JUNE’’ on them. I was really confused cuz she said ‘’it was so great to be able to talk to you on the phone’’, that’s when I realized they were from LAST June. IDK how that works, but mom I got the package you sent on the 4th, looks like the mail isn’t to shabby here.I feel kinda proud of myself, my pants have holes in the crotch, so its not too attractive when I sit down for lessons, so I cut up a sock I had and sewed them into my pants, it looks gorgeous. We had Zone Conference today with Pres and Sister Maynes. They are amazing. He just taught us pure doctrine for about 3 hours. And then two of the sisters taught a little class about challenging people for baptism. ‘’Elder Wilson and Elder Milián are going to be the missionaries’’ I wasn’t too worried about that part, but then they said ‘’and the investigator will be…President Maynes’’. He TORE US APART, it was bad. Its not fun being made examples of… I’m not sure if that makes sense in English. But Pres Maynes is just amazing, listening to him just makes me want to be better. And Sister Maynes is just so nice; she takes really good care of us.
EE-My house is ok, the floors are cement. The bathroom isn’t to great but they are building a new one and it should be done within a week. No one was baptized last week, but one girl is getting baptized this week. Then the next week Fanny and Guimer are getting baptized. Ok I still haven’t received and answer about this: are you having a boy or girl? And how are KK and her baby doing?
G-Ma- I just asked my President today and he said you can write directly tome too. Yes I am still interested in sports, Id love to hear some news every now and then. Bolivia is just better than Peru. Santa cruz is the riches part of the country, and everyone takes care of things here. And to top it off everyone is really nice. Its great.
Mom-I got a dear elder from you asking about finding info on the Mission. Just go to google and type in ‘’mission Bolivia Santa Cruz’’, you might want to try adding ‘’lds’’ too. Im sure you can find something through there. And I thought of something I could really go for here, instant oatmeal would just be super. And ya anything that’s easy, and I mean REALLY easy to cook,I can handle. I have limited resources here but I can make due. OK you guys, take care of yourselves. Ill keep goin at it down here.

Love, Elder Wilson

PS…So ya I just realized I have 14 months as a missionary. And I have a feeling I said this last week, but im just going to say it again cuz I havetime. When we were leaving the MTC we ran into one of my friends cousins who was ending his mission. He was really sad and was talking about how he didn’t want to go home and that he didn’t know what he was going to do with his life. I remember thinking ‘’ that’s the dumbest thing Ive ever heard’’.But with every month that passes I feel more and more like that Elder. Somedays I put my shirt and tie on and b4 I put on my tag I look at the mirror and it freaks me out not seeing that on my chest… IDK how im going to actwhen I get home……. BIG GULPS HUH!?

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!