Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 9, 2010

6-29-2009 E-MAIL

Hey everybody, sounds like summer is going pretty well up there. Down here it is finally starting to feel something like winter, which means we aren't sweating so bad every day. This was a pretty crazy week. We just ended the most successful month in the history of this zone. We baptized more than 40 people. The month before was the second most successful. It helps to stay motivated when you see results like this with your investigators. Our area improved too, we baptized two people this month. Last night Maribel was baptized. She's a 17 year old girl, and is the best convert I've had so far in my mission. She's the only convert I've had that actually prayed meaningfully about the Book of Mormon, and she had quite an answer back from it. Then she left her job so she could come to church. She's awesome. We are working with another guy Juan Fernando. His schedule is pretty nuts, but he is even more prepared than Maribel. But we were already planning on baptizing him if he went to sacrament meeting and a baptism. But he didn't go to the baptism this weekend or to the meetings. It doesn't look like we'll have time to baptize him. But honestly I'm not that worried, I know he'll be baptized, but it just won't be with us. The day I hit my year was a crazy day, we had baptism interviews all day... but NONE of the investigators showed up, so we were pretty bummed. But I think all but one ended up being interviewed later and got baptized. But when we went back to the house some members came over and we had ourselves a little shin-dig(thats a weird word). I burnt my shirt, that was a real nice feeling. After I bought some marshmellows, chocolate and the closest thing to grahm crackers I could find and we made some smores, soooo good. Oh and I have absolutly no idea whats going on with Bolivia. Last Monday Bolvian rep left Peru cuz things between the two countries aren't so hot right now. But I've heard that he came back and that we are leaving in like two weeks. But ten months ago they told me that too. I still have to be interviewed by this dude and wait for my Visa... again. Also Dad, I would just like to apologize for taking for granted the fact that whenever I did any kind of building project, my boss was a engeneer. Cuz wow, we built this patio cover thing, but the contractor was a 60 year old crazy latin lady. It took us three days to build this thing that should have taken 5-6 hours tops to make. The plans she drew up(on a post it note)were mathmatically impossible, but whenever I tried to explain it she'd just get mad and say I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE! Not a good time.

Mom-Thats good you guys got my photos, some are almost 6 months old

Valynn- ya it was pretty crazy to hit the year, now I'm starting to realize how short the mission really is. Every month passes faster than the onebefore.

EE- sounds like things are going really well for Chase, do you find out about the baby this week?

Kim- Thats good to hear that Brennen likes camping. Thats one thing I'm going to do a lot more when I get back.

KK-I got your photos last week, but after I had sent the email so I didn't get the chance to tell you.
OK, gota go, love you guys. Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!