Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 13, 2010

1-11-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: What do you mean ''Im invited''?

Hey everybody, Well I really have no idea why but Im in Santa cruz again. But I'll explain that a bit later. Evelyn FINALLY was baptized this week. It was the most stressful interview and baptism of my mission. Since the zone leaders have to travel almost 2 hours to get to us we had to call them with a for sure time of the interview. Problem was we called their pension.(cook) a broken cell phone. So we just prayed and waited. We had said that 4 would be a good time to do it, so we just hoped they'd get some inspiration and show up. Everything worked out well and she got interviewed. Then came the baptism: Everything was perfect,we found her and then brought her to the chapel at 5. A ton of the young women and their leaders were there to support her. But oh. Woops. NO PRIESTHOOD. There has to be at least one more holder of the priesthood there. We called, the president, in the country, mission leader and his dad, in the country. Our penshes husband, phone is dead, secretary, phone doesnt work.''ARE WE THE ONLY TWO HOLDERS IN THE WHOLE CITY?!?!?'' we said. But after everything we decided to call the secretary again and this time we got a hold of him and he was able to save our rears. We were expecting somthing to happen on Sunday, but everthing worked out great. Evelyn was there 40 minutes early, she even beat us to the chapel. Stressful, but good time, I learned a lesson about faith and hope... Pres Hinckley always said ''don't worry, it'll work out'', I'm trying to say that more. Pres Maynes came down for a late Christmas Conference. I don't do his talks justice when I explain, but this one was just amazing. He talked about the trials we have in the mission, and picked me as an example. He got really close to me and started talking about how all the trials that come with Villamontes make me feel as if I were taking one or two steps towards Calgary. That it makes me realize and appreciate the Atonement. We were looking eye to eye the whole time he explained this. I felt like I was on fire (in a good way). Oh. he's just the man. I hope one day you all get to meet him and listen to him speak. Ok so after the conference we are all leaving and I say goodbye to the assistant and he says '' hey Elder Wilson, we'll see you on Tuesday''.''what?''. ''ya, youre invited to ZONE LEADER CONFERENCE''. ''WHAT?!?!'' So ya I dont know what is going on. All I know is I'm done in Villamontes, and now I might be a zone leader. but I tihnk I'm District Leader, but this time with and actual district. But tomorrow I get to be with President Maynes again, so that'll be neat. Next week I'll be able to tell you guys more, I am clueless right now.
KK-sounds like you guys are having fun!
Mom-Adrian was my boating buddy before the mission haha.
Crystal-ya, I definatly dont have to worry about ice here.
Valynn- Thank you for the story about Kyle. I do my own laundry, and our pensh gives us lunch. I really dont ever eat dinner haha. No one does.
G-ma, thanks for the news.
EE-photography, solid hobby.
Ok, well, love you guys. There should be more news next week.
Love, Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!