Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 11, 2010

9-14-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: ''Lets see what ya got''

''And Elder Wilson is presiding this meeting''..... WHAT?!?!Ok...I dont even know where to begin, this week has been insane, the craziest in my mission... so far. My area got switched, Im training, Im opening an area, and Im SECOND COUNSELOR in the branch. This is nuts. MY area is called Villa Montes, its down south, close to Argentina (hi Beau, if you're still there). We are out in the middle of no where, there are two other Elders in the town, and they are the only elders we see. Once or twice a month we go to the big city (Yaquiba) where the other 12 elders are. Our branch presidency is...well, different, our branch pres is sick, and has been in the hospital for 2 motnhs. The first couselor is a stud, but has only 6 months as a member. And then theres... me. I was sitting on the stand yesterday thinking ''who do they need to give the sacrament to first?..wait, ME!'' Our branch has close to 1400 members and 60 came on Sunday, so we have lots and lots of work to do. We are trying to find a map cuz I have to figure out how we are going to set up a visiting teaching program. I am also programing all the talks for the next month, doing the tithing in the ward,and also teaching primary. Oh ya, and I'm on a a mission too. On the way out here on the bus I was talking to my new zone leader Elder Hanks, and I was freaking out a bit. But he told me that President Maynes likes to do this. He likes to give Elders their test, or the opportunity to have responsibility. President Maynes is basically saying '' Lets see what ya got''. So far its going good. I was freaking out on Thursday, but I'm trying to do what President Maynes told me, and that is reactivating members. I'm kinda flattered for being put out here, because this means President Maynes has a lot of trust in me, cuz honestly there's no one out here to watch us, just us. President Maynes is so great, he said ''it you need anything just call me''. My Pensh is awesome, Hermana Cielo. We had an ''asada'' on Saturday, its a Argentinian BBQ, it was sooooooooooo good. Argetinans cook like Americans,it was one of the best meals I've eating in the past 15 months. My area is far from being Jungle, it looks like Ringold, full of juniper trees. Its super dry and super hot, honestly it looks like the basin. And mom there aren't any mosquitos, honestly that might be why I'm here. I called Sister Maynes and told her I was being eaten a live, so this might be the only answer to me not getting Dengue. My comp is Elder Hurtado. He's very... new. Good kid, but we need to put some life back into him, the CCM tends to suck all personality out of you. I'm kind of bummed about not being able to see the other Elders, there are a few elders that came with me to Bolivia, I don't know them too well, but they are really cool. So ya, Things are nuts but good out here. We are working hard and have a HUGE amount of work ahead of us to help out this branch. I cant think of anything really I need from you guys. My P days are really boring here, so if you could send me some sports news to read that'd be neat. Pictures too would be awesome. Also, send me ideas for activities to do, cuz honestly I'm branch President right now...this is so nuts.
Kim- There's such a difference between people from Bolivia and Peru. The Bolvians are just sooo much better. I cant judge Peru too much, cuz I was in the worst parts of the worst city in the country, and maybe the worst on the planet. It's super hot and dry. It gets up to 50 degrees celcius. Mom, sitdown b4 you think about how much that is in Farenheit.
Mom-I actually had the spirit help me out this week. I got up to go to the bathroom, but took a step inside and then thought ''I need to turn the light on!'' I turn it on and WOW, about 40 ants were running around on the ground. And these aren't "Bug Lifes" ants, these are Amizonian ants that just don't mess around. Needless to say I would have had problems if they bit me.
KK-Ya, idk what I need, haha, ya, just send pictures and letters, IDK when my mail is going to get to me, cuz it goes from santa cruz to yaquiba, then it sits there till we make the hour drive down there, or somebody comes upto see us. Well, Im just gonna keep on keepin on here....yup.
Love you guys, Elder Wilson Ps Happy Birthday Jamen

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!