Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 11, 2010

8-17-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: Sand Blast
Hey everybody, so, its Monday again. Time is going faster and faster with each week.sounds like everything is going well in the States… and France. Things are going great here. I had a little transition phaise coming over from Peru,everything was so different and it freaked me out a bit, but now i feel like Im back to normal again. Im starting to get the area down now, which is really hard, cuz NO ONE here has addresses, so we have to draw little maps and say ‘’Point to your house’’. I feel like a better missionary here, we are working really hard, and finding a lot of people. If things work out,four peolpe should be getting baptized this week. The weather keeps changing on us, one day the ‘’Sur’’ come and its super cold, then the sun comes out and burns us alive. Or we get a nice combo of the two, heat, with wind. So the wind kicks up a ton of sand, which then sticks to the sun screen on my face, lips, eyes, and ears, its neat. Last P Day was pretty great, having Elder Puglisi with me is so much fun, I love that guy. We got permision to go to the center of the city to go shopping. Theres a store that has a bunch of US products. I found some Jiff Peanut Butter, BBQ sauce, which is working out real nice, and ¡ROOT BEER!.We also wanted some pancake mix, so we were looking at all the brands and trying to find out which one was the best buy and then one of us looked up and said ‘’or we could just buy ten pounds of it’’. So now we have enough pancake mix to last us till we get home, and it only costed $11. And the best part is the pancake mix is from Washington. And this week me, my comp, and Eld Puglisi and his comp Eld Ñaupari (good luck saying that name) are having a lil barbeque. Theres also a member that can make scripture cases out of almost any animal skin you want, so we will be working on designs for our too.I got to baptize a kid name Oscar this week. We gave him some pants to use,but they were too big, so we used staples to tighten them up a bit. So i dont know if i ever let you guys know what my area is called, my ward is called La Cañada, and my stake is La Pampa, we are in between the 5th and 6th rings. My ward is super cool, its really strong and the members absolutley love the missionaries. And I dont know if you guys heard, but pouch doesnt exist anymore. So now it is a lot harder for me to send letters, I wrote a letter to mom and dad, and one to Cyd and another to Kort, but they all were sent back to me. I have to get permision to go to the city center to send my letters, so ill work on that.Funny story, the people here are way chil. We were driving on the bus, and a guy gets off, then 5 seconds later the bus driver just walks off the bus,and leaves the engine running and everything. My first thought was that the guy hadnt paid and the driver was gonna chase him down. But no, the driver just had to go potty.
Chris and Valynn- the food here is different, theres not a lot of flavor,but its ok cuz in Peru there’s flavor, but the flavor a lot of times was disgusting. My comp is awesome, his name is Eld Milián. We work hard and get along really well. I still have cold water, but only for a bit longer, we are hooking up a heater right now. I forgot what HTML is, but yes I can recieve attachments through email.
KK tried to send me something but it didnt work, not sure why. I think I actually have been on the same swing you guys went on, me and Brett went on one in Reno too.
Dad- thanks for the email, Im glad to know the job went well. ‘’Sent from my iphone’’
Crystal- Yes, i think skydiving would be a good experience for him too. Ive never had problems with dogs, they are better here. But in Lima we always had a book of mormon in our hands, so when a dog tried to do something I just hit it with the word of the lord.
EE- Santa Cruz doesnt have as many restauraunts where I am, but its cool cuz im eating less. But they do have these things called salteñas, they are like little chicken pot pies, sooo good.
Mom- I have my rain coat still. I need more multi vitamins. I am finally starting to take the garlic pills cuz there are mosquitos here. Ive been cooking a lot of eggs in the morning and eating PB and J sandwhiches for dinner, but I cant really think of anything Im craving right now. Oh and when does Beau get home? Its just in a few weeks isnt it? Ok, gotta go, love you guys.

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!