Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 13, 2010

11-30-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married

Hey everybody. So ya sounds like this week was pretty nuts with Liam arriving the night b4 Thanksgiving. I cant believe Thanksgiving has already past. I remember just reading the emails about Halloween. crazy. Well Im back in Villamontes, I was only in Yacuiba for a day then my comp showed up. His name is Elder Monsalve from Colombia. He is really hard to understand sometimes. He's a good guy. We've got some obedience things to talk about though, cuz he listens to music every night and he put ''Buy movie'' on his to do list today. But ''poco a poco'' we'll get things ironed out.We had a pretty good week, we talked to a lot more people in the street. But also didn't teach as many lessons as normal. We are really excited because we are teaching four families right now. We ate lunch yesterday with the Ardutuaga family, they're a family of 8, and they're awesome. I tried calling them on Saturday night with the only cell number I had, but their speaker was broken, so they couldn't hear me. The daughter picked up the phone and spoke really fast and I only understood a part about calling on a different phone, but they never explained that THEY couldn't hear ME. So I ended up calling like 4 times and yelling into the phone and I could tell they were getting more irritated each time. It was a mess, but they ended up calling us back so things worked out. I tell a lot of ''you had to be there'' stories. 81 people came to church yesterday, that's really good for our branch. But Mario, Evelin and Pastor didn't come to church again. We asked the members to help us out with them, cuz we don't have time to pass by all their houses. So the next time we have church (in two weeks) they'll be there. So we have a wedding to go to today, that's pretty awesome. Pastor is getting married to his Girlfriend Yael. I just got off the phone to confirm everything. We need to go buy the cake for them, we'll see how much they charge the Gringuito.I got a little sick this week. I had the same symptoms as last time when I was sick for about a week, so I called Sister Maynes right away and got all drugged up. Its really tough here, cuz we visit really humble families, who get really offened if we say no to food or drinks. But normally Ill be sitting there drinking and saying to myself, ''yup. defiantly river water''.But now Im all better. And hey, I finally got bit by a dog, my mission is complete. It wasn't much of a bite, last night I was talking to a lady and when I turned around I stepped on her dogs tail, so he just bit my leg to say ''GET OFF''. But he didn't even break through my pants, let alone break the skin, so its not a big deal. So, I didn't send that package of letters I talked about last week, sorry. Maybe this week haha.Im pretty excited cuz I just found out one of my favorite people in the whole world lives in an area like mine. Elder Meridith is in a place called Camiri about 2 hours north of me. Hes out there just with his comp. So we are going to see if we can't organize some kind of activity with him.I heard of a really interesting dessert yesterday ''gelatina de pata devaca'' (cow foot jello). Someone should look that up and investigate a bit more.So this week we don't have church. The 6th is election day and its illegalto hold any type of meeting. We aren't even going to leave the house cuz sometimes it's a bit dangerous with demonstrations and sore losers.
Mom-The only bug story I have is the fleas. Im good with Gatorade, I still have a lot. But I do need gum, I promised Pastor I'd get gum from the states for him, can you send me a pretty good amount to give him. He chews it instead of coke leaves now.
Dad- Im really trying to develop more charity for people out here.
Crystal-What are the in laws like?
EE- Elise and Chase first of all congratulations. And second I live in a town with nothing to do for recreation, Ill take any story/news I can get.
Valynn, I ate BBQ and ice cream cake the day after Thanksgiving, so im going to count that as my feast.
Kim- I kinda celebrated, I drew a turkey next to every date I wrote. I was in a place called Yacuiba for just a few days cuz me and my buddy Elder Hanks did have comps. But Tuesday morning they showed up so Im now back in Villamontes.
kk- They don't know what Pie is here. Ill have to eat some when I get home, hopefully it wont, lets use the word, ''shock'' my system.
Well, I gotta go. I love you guys Ill talk to you guys in a few weeks.

Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!