Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 11, 2010

10-19-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: Two Thirds

Hey everybody, This week has just been nuts, really full of ups and downs. I'm really glad its finally over. We had a REALLY REALLY big flea problem in our house, we still aren't sure how they got there. But they were every where and crawling and biting us all day. I ended up getting sick for a couple days, I'm not sure if it was something I ate, or the fleas. But it was probably both. I tried to beat it with pepto, which usually works, but I ended up calling sister Maynes, and she gave me some anti biotics. Poor sister Maynes, she has to hear all the ''details'' of what happens to us. But ya I was feeling pretty bad all week. And then Saturday morning was really one of the toughest days of my mission, I haven't been that homesick in months. I just couldn't stop thinking about how easy it would be to go home and just lay on the couch. I ended up having to pray and just ask for something that would make me feel better. Heavenly Father told me to read D&C 121 and 122. that always shuts me up. After that things got a lot better. Crisitian was baptized and confirmed, and he has been talking about preparing for a mission, that's pretty exciting. We also fumigated the fleas yesterday, so we are sleeping more peacefully. And yesterday was fast Sunday for us, I directed haha, and we had a really spiritual meeting. But then right after, one of the speakers fell off the wall and landed on a kid. kinda killed the spirit. Right now we have quite a few people who are listening and have received answers. but few of them are coming to church. We need to assign people to pass by and get them, but there are few people that live close to them. We are working with a man named Pastor, he and his wife are submitting their papers today for marriage. So he might be getting married and baptized this week, his wife is already a member. We also have a project on our hands with a lady named Elfy, her husband is a member, but she says she has prayed thousands of times but never received an answer. So we are trying to figure out what we can do to help her feel the spirit more. We are pretty pumped to have our first convert here in Villa Montes. I was looking in Preach My Gospel at my list of converts, and I really doubt I'm going to baptize as many people as Senior Companion as I did as Junior Companion. But all the people I do baptize WILL NOT go inactive. And when I was junior we baptized a lot of kids without their parents, which I will never do as a Senior Comp. OK I've been forgetting to ask for this forever, but there are two things I could really use: one of those body scrubbers that look like roses. And RUBBER BANDS, they are impossible to find down here. And I could sure use some more pictures. All my photos are from last august. well almost all ofem.
Mom- I'll think about things me or my comp need for Christmas. We have finally read all those pages you sent about activities, and tomorrow I'm going to run them past the branch President. Thanks for all the prayers and packages mom.
Valynn- We have a few people progressing, two have baptism dates. We have activated one family so far. Does Cody still live in Pasco? I heard he and Shawna were moving to Moses Lake.
Kim-Well my Branch President is back. but he went to La Paz. I have 6 weeks here and still haven't had any kind of meeting with him. President Maynes said he might close this area just because there are going to be less missionaries here in the mission after this next transfer.
EE-I could really go for some flea repellent, things I can put on under my clothes, everything I do have says should wear it over clothing. And maybe some kind of bug repellent I can put in my dresser.
KK- Sounds like the house and the baby are coming along great. I didn't get your packages yet, but they take a little bit more time to get out here tome. When did you send em?

Love you guys, have fun trick or treating Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!