Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 13, 2010

11-23-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: Asistant to the zone leader

Hey everybody,Well we got a phone call Saturday night saying that my comp had an emergency change, so last night he hopped on a bus for Santa Cruz. And since my zone leader Elder Hanks in companionless and so am I, I get to play zone leader for a few days till my comp gets here. So Im not in my area right now Im down in Yacuiba, so now Im only in 100 degree weather instead of 120. It looks like Ill be here for a few days, cuz we called the office this morning and they havent decided who our comps are going to be. So I might be heading back to my area on Wednesday, but honestly I wouldnt be suprised If Im here for a week. Im really anxious to get back to my area, its a really critical time for my investigators. There are three people that are SO close to being baptized,but all these stupid things keep happening. First we have Evelin, she only has to come to church one more time and she can be baptized. A young woman passed by to pick her up, but she didnt want to come, so we ran up to her house b4 the meetings starting. She told us her mom was sick and so she couldnt come. We also have Mario, we didnt have enough time to pass by his house b4 or after church, so we arent sure why he didnt come. And then Pastor… oh Pastor. We had a really great visit Saturday night, their son has a broken arm, but he’s crazy and broke the cast, then kept running around and fell and fractured his arm more. So we gave him a blessing and he calmed down right away and went to sleep. The spirit was really strong and Pastorand his girlfriend Yael said they are putting their papers in tommorow to get married. But they didnt come to church either, so we passed by so Elder Hurtado could say goodbye and Pastor was working outside… and chewing coke leaves. Everybody here chews coke leaves, its such a huge problem. So now Im not sure when he can get baptized. Its just so tough here, Im having problems getting people motivated to come to church, everyone we talk to feels its true. But when it comes down to it they dont want to make much effort to apply it. So now we are realling looking at the people we have,and the ones that dont want to progress, we’re going to have to stop teaching. We can only bring people to a certain point, then they have to make the choice. AAAAAAAAAAAnyways, I have all that to do when I get back to my area. The weather is starting to change. Its raining a lot now, so the humidity is just insane. I’ve never sweated as much as I did yesterday, the humidity just sucked all the energy out of us, but Ill get use to it in a week or two…. Or three.I sent a big package of letters for my friends I cant write through internet. Ill try to get another sent off with letters for the fam… IDK when though.So, I need to really really strong super glue. I’ve heard that Gorilla glue is pretty good, but if somebody could find one that is water proof, that’dj ust be neato.
Crystal- Thats what life is about, making an impact in the lives of others.I get sooo frustrated sometimes out here, but now looking back and reading my journal, I see that I’ve been able to help some people.
Valynn-I was planning on going out to eat on Thursday in Villamontes, but now that I’m living with a American for few days, looks like we’ll be celebrating it a tad early. So its snowing again, it seems like just last week the snow melted up there.
Mom, Dad- Being in Santa Cruz has taught me that numbers arent important. But honestly, in South America, the best way to help people is to bring them to Christ through baptism. So…. Numbers are kinda important, but its more important to just love people.
EE-haha, now theres less than 2 missionaries in my area ¡ zero !.
KK-well… at least Ill be able to help a lil bit on the house.
Kim-I havent recieved your pictures yet. Theres a blockade between us and Santa Cruz, so IDK when anything will show up.

Well everybody, Im really going to need your prayers this week. I love you guys so much. Thank you for everything.

Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!