Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 13, 2010

12-7-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: House Arrest

Hey everyone. We had a pretty great week, it started out last Monday with Pastor and Yael getting married. Pastor is going to be baptized this Saturday, so we are pretty pumped about that. We also have three other people that have accepted baptism dates. Evelin is going to be baptized the next Saturday, the 19th. And Mario has finally accepted a date for the 26th. We are also working with a family of 8, and one of the daughters has already accepted a date. The rest of the family is praying for their answer.We had an awesome experience with Mario. When we met him almost a month ago he was so excited to be baptized, and slowly he lost his excitment. When we went to his house this week he didnt want to talk about his baptism. But we asked him to kneel down with us and pray about it. After the prayer we all felt the spirit and invited him again to be baptized and he accepted, soo cool! We didnt have a lot of time to work this week. On Wednesday my comp got sick and we stayed in the house for all but 2 hours of the day. And yesterday they had elections here (Evo won boo) and we were shut up in our house again. Being in the house all day seems nice, for the first hour, then its just super boring. But on Sunday we had two other missionaries here with us.So we were able to talk to them all day. One of the Elders is named Elder Ocampo from Argentina. He just finished being assistant, he's one of the best Elders I've met on the mission. I started talking to him about his family and he said his family has never written him on his mission... he has 20 months. I felt so spoiled to hear this. Thank you guys for always writing me, cuz I'm not as strong as some missionaries. This week we are taking another trip to Santa Cruz. Elder Eduardo Gavarrettof the 70 is going to have a conference with us. It should be pretty great to listen to someone who, like President Maynes taught us, has the power of an apostle. Also there should be about 5 or 6 zones with us, so I get to see some of my boys, which'll be nice too. I'm having a bit of seperation anxiety, I haven't seen most of them in 5 months.
Crystal-I'll try and remember to ask about the Christmas story... if there's time.
Mom-Ya I was going to talk to you about my license and my classes. Yes I deferred, and the people in the office told me that cuz I'm an RM I basically do whatever I want, they told me I can return in the Fall of 2010. IDK what classes you should sign me up for, I'm going for a Chem degree, so IDK... surprise me! And we need to renew my license cuz Idk if I can pass the tests anymore. All I have heard about the Christmas call is that they are very short... 30 minutes. IDK if you guys should call me or if I should call you, In peru it was cheaper for you to call me, but Idk bout here. I'll ask Sister Maynes this week. Villa montes has more trees that Pasco, but no grass. Its a ton of sand.
Dad-I share the stuff I get with my comp, but the Elders in my zone get pretty jealous, cuz no one else gets mail. You guys dont need to send my so much... I just want PICTURES. Its way easier to stay in touch with people with internet.
Kim- My comp is doing a bit better this week. Slowly we'll be progressing.
EE-Well no one went to church this week, not even us. Its illegal to have any sort of meeting here during elections. Christmas here is way different. Everyone eats some lamb. In Lima EVERYONE eats fruit cake...and they LOVE IT. Im really hoping thats not the case here.
KK- Hey you have artic winds too? Cool. In Santa Cruz they still get wind from the South Pole that drops the temp by like 20 degrees. Its a wierd place.
Well I love you guys, I'll let you know how the conference goes with Elder Gaverrett and how the baptism of Pastor went.

Love, Elder Wilson....18 days

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!