Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 13, 2010

12-28-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: EL AÑO NUEVO 2010

Hey everybody,It was great to here everybody this week. I had you guys call too early though, the kids were all half asleep. I swear we were usually all up by like 6 for Christmas. And I’m pretty proud that I talked for less than an hour, way better than the other two times. Ha, I heard a voice I didn’t recognize ask me about what words I'd forgotten in English, and I thought it was Matt, so I started saying words in Spanish that I don’t always remember well in English. The only response I got was ‘’I don’t speak Spanish, this is Chris’’…whoops. Christmas was pretty quite. The town was dead until about 4 in the afternoon. Here Christmas Eve is the big deal, and Christmas day is recovery time, so we didn’t do anything. I wanted to bake the cookies but I'm not sure how much a cup of butter is in grams. Can someone look that up for me.I'll give them away or something for new years. After Christmas day our week ended really, really well. We had three investigators in church yesterday, and all three have baptism dates, two for this week. But we are worried because two of them might be moving to Santa Cruz. Last week we lost two families who moved to Santa Cruz too, nuts. Today they are going to give us the final word. Two other people, Rolando and his step son Lisandro accepted dates last night, but haven’t been to church yet. But things are looking better here. We are really trying to focus more in the people that are showing progress. It's tough but if there is someone that just doesn’t comply with the invitations we give, we have to focus in teaching or finding people more prepared. I lost so much time here trying to get people to do the simplest things, like praying for 10 seconds.I totally forgot the point I was going to make.I'm in a different internet right now and the connection is WAY faster, so I finally opened those photos from Dad. Beau! Hahaha. Where is his girlfriend from? So funny story, Yanete our investigator was talking about how her brother got stepped on by a horse and got the tip of his finger cut off. Then she says ‘’we still have the finger’’ and pulls a little plastic off a display shelf in her store, takes off the top and… BAM… severed finger. Interesting conversation piece. Oh and I finally found the post office so today I am going to send all those letters for my friends(for realzies), and this week I'll write some for all you guys.
Crystal- Don’t worry about the chocolate, we just refroze it and ate it. The chocolate orange was sooooo good. Emily is leaving in March? Wow.
Mom- Thanks for taking care of all my schooling and license stuff. Let me know what classes I'm going to be taking. Ill be sure to write both Grandmas. How is Grandma Wilson? I cant think of anything I need right now,just more pictures/cards.
EE- I'll be waiting for pictures!
Valynn- Ya things are tough here, lots of problems, but we’ve already been seeing progress. That’s crazy/scary about the breakins.
Grandma Gulliver- So it took me 21 years and two continents to do it, but last night I finally met someone else named Melba. I’m pretty sure you’re the only two in the world.
Well… I can’t think of anything else to say. Actually I have two random
questions that I need answered.1- Does it say anywhere that a woman HAS to wear a skirt to church?2- Does it say anywhere what should be done with the sacrament bread after the sacrament?
Ok, well if someone could answer those questions for me that’d be super.Love you guys, be safe during New Years. Chris, happy b-day. Talk to you all next week.

Love Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!