Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 11, 2010

10-12-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: Arf!Arf!

Hey everybody, Sounds like winter arrived in Pasco. Here, well… its not, last Monday it was 102, but after that its been in the high 80s. But we had a really great week. We saw a lot of success with two investigators, Cristian and Pastor.Cristian made the hour trip down to Yacuiba for General Conference, and yesterday for District Conference. He got to listen to all the general authorities last week, and then yesterday he listened to President Maynes,who will be a general authority after. And Pastor has been investigating forever, but he couldn’t be baptized because he wasn’t married, there were problems with his paper work. But we solved it all last week, and today he is going in to get all the IDs and stuff, and he and his girlfriend are getting married and he is going to be baptized next Saturday. We are pretty excited about all of that. Me and my comp are getting a long way better now,we have learned how to work and teach better, and the little things that use to bother us, we just don’t pay attention to now. We went down to Yacuiba on Friday for our zone conference with President Maynes. He is so amazing. He teaches us things that just blow my mind. He taught us about how to teach just with questions, and how the people end up teaching themselves through the spirit. The spirit was so amazing. Pres Maynes also told me in my interview that there are a lot of Elders that are finishing in these next couple months, and that he is thinking about taking out two of the 4 elders here. That’ll be nuts. But he didn’t say it was for sure, and that I shouldn’t say anything. But I figure you guys are not going to be talking to anybody in the branch here any time soon. 2 funny stories. So we are walking through the poorest part of our area called Bilbao when I look over and say to myself ‘’well that’s a big dog…with its mouth open… and well hey that’s my companions leg… that’s not good’’ My companion got to experience what dog teeth feel like before I did. I had fun explaining to him that if the dog ends up being sick, or something happens to it… he has to receive 10 shots in his stomach. But we talked to the owner and the dog has been vaccinated, so we’re good. We just have to check up on the dog for a week.Story 2: Yesterday we show up for District conference and my Branch President, President Miranda, comes up and asks me if I’d seen Omar, the First Counselor. I said no and then Pres. Miranda said I needed to give an interview. So I walk into one of the classroom and asked who I was interviewing ‘’Me!’’ he said…. That was weird. I haven’t even given a real baptismal interview yet, and now I am interviewing about temple worthiness. But it actually is really simple, there's just the list of questions… butman…. Im 20!.
Crystal- No news is good news. What does Matt do again? Mom, you finally did it, I’ve been waiting for 15 months and it finally came… an Ensign mormon ad cutout as old as me. Pres Maynes brought me three packages yesterday with the huge thing of Gatorade and all the pages of ideas for activities. Thanks a ton mom, love ya. And I'll be praying for Uncle Joe.
Kim- IDK why, but I have the flu too, even though it’s the middle of summer…well, its spring time actually. I hope you guys get better soon. And Yes, my Branch Pres is back.
Valynn, Shingles… I was going to write and complain about flea bites, but now no.
Elise, In Perú they had Halloween, I'm not too sure if they celebrate it here. I was never really running the ward, cuz I never knew what I was doing. I'm just in charge of visiting people, trying to reactivate them. Well Everybody, take care up in the states, or like they call it here ‘’LosEstados Juntos’’

Love you guys, Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!