Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 11, 2010

10-5-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: General Conference...#3

Hey everybody,This week was pretty great. We had our little branch caravan travel down to Yacuiba for 2 days to watch conference. I learned sooo much during conference. Theres so much I fault as a missionary and I need to start working right now to fix some of it b4 all of this ends. But I'll talk more about that later. The day b4 the conference we moved, I was pretty bummed about that, cuz our old house was amazing. But we are pretty sure the lady someone was using the electricity off our meter, cuz we were paying a ton of money. The week wasn’t too great if you look at the numbers, we had tons of activities and service projects this week, on top of that we didn’t work for 2 days. But things are looking up this week and month. Cristian came with his family to conference. He's progressing really well and should be getting baptized in two weeks. We also have three ladies that are showing a lot of interest and we are trying to fnd ways to get them to church.We had a talent show last Wednesday, it went pretty well. We started an hour late so we had to leave b4 I could do my magic show.I got the two packages, thank you much. Turns out though they have instant oatmeal here, so its 100 times cheaper if I just buy it here. But ya, CONFERENCE. There were 6 talks that really stuck out to me. I learned from Elder Scott what I can do to improve my teaching. I remember when I had around 3-4 months and would think… man when I have over a year or 15-16 months, I hope I'll be able to teach well…. Well… NOW I hope when I have 18-20 months I'll be able to teach well haha. Pres Uchtdorf (spelling)gave such a great talk about love, I know that’s one thing I really need to work on is just loving and finding the positive in everbody. Elder Watsonand Pres Monson talked about anger and just not worrying about the little things… another thing on my to do list. And Pres Monsons message about service was just amazing. MY favorite was from Elder Regnund (I think that’s his name) he talked about being lazy when he worked in the hospital, cuz he started to forget the basic things like reading and praying. It was so great to be able to listen to all the leaders and just feel the spirit. Having Americans with me and speaking English didn’t hurt either. The conference motivated me to just be better, just love God and love his children. It was so great.
Mom- thanks for the package. I have one suggestion though. Send candy that are really well sealed, like air tight sealed. Ants tear through that paper like…well… paper. Yes I did meet the Branch President, hes still not at 100%. I'm glad to hear the cruise went well. I found my interest again in history since I've been out here. I really wanna travel all around when I'm older, especially Europe. My clothing is fine. My shoes are my soldiers,they are going to last me the whole mission, love em. My socks are fine. My neck has shrunk, so my collars are still fine, normally that get all nasty and raw, but I have like an inch of space. MY pants are good too. Its really so much cheaper for me to just buy stuff instead of you sending it.It'd be better if you just return em, or you can save em till I get home.
Dad- that’s too bad you didn’t get to listen to priesthood, Elder Ballard gave such an amazing talk about fathers and their sons. Thanks for everything you’ve taught me dad, and don’t forget, even though mom says I'ma man… I'm not haha. So I'm still going to need TONS of help after the mission still. You’re my hero.
EE-54 days wow. Good luck getting everything ready.
Crystal-Elder Holland is so amazing. I don’t think I could ever pick a favorite. Did you learn any Spanish? Vamos a ver si entiendes esto:¿Aprendiste algo de espaƱol? (Google translation)
OK love you guys, talk to you next week.
Love Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!