Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 13, 2010

11-2-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: Espatulaso(ask Matt)

HEy everybody, sounds like a lot is happening back home right now. Sounds like everybody had a great Halloween weekend. Here in Bolivia they have some type of festival but they don’t call it Halloween. Last night and tonight everyone goes to the cemetery and place candles and other things on the graves of their family members. So ya it’s a bit different than in the states, and plus its really hard to work, cuz EVERYONE is in the cemetery. Our week was soooo much better. I think I have found two GOLDEN investigators in my mission. The first one was Maribel in Cieneguilla, and this week we met Mario. We had an appointment fall through so we just contacted him while he was working on his chain saw. He use to be in another church and started talking to us about all these things he’s read and studied. ‘’I’ve read lots of books, one book, I don’t remember what the title is, talks about Christ. The last part I read was about these people that built these boats that went under water. But inside the boat, they had these glowing rocks’’ TIME OUT! He’s read the Book of Mormon FOUR times. He came to church yesterday and then we went back to his house and he accepted a baptism date for the 21st. He’s so funny, he’s 62 and just the most humblelitt le guy ever. I know that the Lord prepares people, and that he uses the Book of Mormon to prepare them. We actually set a goal before meeting Marioto really hammer the Book of Mormon, so the people understand that everything our church teaches depends on it. We also talked to Jael,Pastor’s wife, and she told us that they are getting married on November 10th, so Pastor also she be baptized this month too. SUPER EXCITED. Our Branch is really starting to work more, the members are taking more responsibility. Yesterday we didn’t have to do anything. We showed up and the sacrament was already prepared, every class had a teacher. But I’m still 2nd counselor so we are working on that. And they are starting to do their home teaching, which is just soooo important for activation. And an RM who was living in Santa Cruz moved back this week, so hes going to be a huge help. And guess where he served? Lima East, he went home with my trainers Elder Dodds and Elder Melander. So I’m not complaining… more I’m bragging that I’m still alive. I live in one of the hottest places on the planet. It’s still spring time… and yesterday it was at least 108 degrees. It’s just funny. We’ll be walking in down some dirt road in Bilbao and just start laughing… cuz there’s nothing else I can do. I always say to myself, at least I will never be this warm again, cuz I won’t be walking around in a shirt and tie. But ya, things are looking up here on the surface of the sun. Funny story, I woke up at about 4 and saw that the door to our balcony was open. I wasn’t exactly thinking clearly and my first thought was ¡LADRĂ“N!(burglar). So I sneak into the other room and grab the first thing resembling a weapon I could find… A SPATULA!!! So I did a thorough search of our 100 square foot apartment, then felt like an idiot and went back to sleep. I think this is a ‘’You had to be there story’’, but it made me laugh.
Valynn- Car?hahahahahah. No, no one has a car or a bike. Maybe in Brasil, or Chile, or Argentina. But if we had a car or a bike, it wouldn’t be for long,somebody would rob us. The weather is very hot, I heard that it got up to 113 yesterday, but I don’t know. Tell Austin he is one of my favorite people in the world and that he needs to write me. And I do remember Spencer, his last name no though.
Mom-Wow, sounds like a lot of things are happening health wise up there. Umm, I thought of something I really want. Can you send my the words to some Christmas songs ‘’Walking in a Winter Wonderland’’, ‘’Let it snow’’, ‘’have yourself a merry little christmas’’ and ‘’Im dreaming of a white christmas’’Im always singing em but I cant remember all the words and it drives me nut. Oh and send it in English please haha.
Crystal- Don’t get the pig flu. The weather is very very hot.
Elise- we have hot water… but for some reason I don’t feel the need to use it. I take a cold shower b4 I go to bed now. We had two people come to church this week. Muy Bien.
KK- That’s great that Emily doesn’t have any health problems. And Im just going to assume that have a hygroma with problems is a good thing. Yes your packages arrived… to my zone leaders… an hour and a half away. But Im going down to Yacuiba so ill get em Thursday.

Well, I love you guys a ton, thank you for your prayers. Im praying for you all too.
Love, Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!