Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 13, 2010

12-14-2009 E-MAIL

Subject: BAPTISM

Hey everybody,We had a great week here in the really dirty south. It has been raining and the water has turned brown. So it looked like we filled the baptismal font with beer on this week. Pastor was baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday. He asked me after his baptism how he should dress for church and I told him just to come in the best clothes he had. He showed up in a shirt and brought us his tie to tie for him, it was pretty great. Its so much easier to stay excited and positive when people are being baptized. We had a great conference down in Santa Cruz. I got to see Elder Puglisi,Elder Duncan, Elder Allan and Elder Evans. Elder Gavarrett was awesome. He's really calm. which is not what we are use to with President Maynes. But wow,he just taught everything so simply. And at the end he told us about how he has received special testimony of the Book of Mormon and then he gave it to us. sorry Im not explaining that really well, but he actually asked us not to tell other people much about it. We had some travel problems coming back from Santa Cruz. No one bought our tickets so we bought them at the lsat second. Normally we spend about 120 Bolivians on out tickets. these ones were 25 B's. need I say more. The song Ridin Dirty comes to mind. There was actually a fight that broke out in the middle of the ride. it was just neat .After the trip I had divisions with my buddy Elder Hanks. he'll be sitting in his house on Friday. He can't believe it and neither can I. When I met him he had one month more than I do right now.So IDK when I'm doing my precall. I already know it'll be Christmas morning,I think I wanna call at like 9ish your time. Mom Ill call the house first and if not be sure to have your cell ready. Try and figure out how expensive it is to call Bolivia, and Ill see how bad it is to call you guys from here.I think its cheaper if you call me.
Mom- Ummmm.. sorry I don't remember who Wayne Monson is. Who is Karalee getting married to? There aren't nativity sets where I am. I should have thought about that when I was in Santa Cruz. But Ill see what I can do.
Crystal-No news is good news right.
Valynn-If the kids are upset about the tree, tell them I haven't seen a pine tree in a long time. Last year I saw the Christmas broadcast, but not this year.
EE-my comp. is watching Japanese cartoons on the internet right now.
KK- I don't know how they celebrate Christmas here but I am sure it will involve beer.
Chris,Valynn- Thank you very much for the pictures. All the kids are HUGE!
Grandma-Thank you for the update!

Well everyone I gotta go, I love you so much. Talk to you in 11 days. but for only like 40 minutes, sorry.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!