Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Feb 2, 2010

1-25-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: ´´Just be perfect´´...oh man

Hey everybody. Well I had a pretty good week. We had Zone Conference last week. My buddy Elder Meridith, who is doing what I was doing in Villamontes, was there too so I got to see him again. And I saw my buddy Elder Smith for the first time since we came to Bolivia. Whenever we get together we start to realize how close we are to ending and going home... just one hand left (5 months...5fingers). Me and my comp gave a class, I was really nervous, so I just said a prayer and it went really well. Plus we followed Pres Maynes so I was all pumped and inspired. We also had interviews this week. Pres Maynes talked to me about I need to be a leader, not a boss. He talked about showing an example for the zone.´´Just be perfect Elder´´ is what he said. Basically I just need to be more dedicated. Something I have found that really helps is setting personal goals at night when I pray and asking for help in achieving them. This week me and comp are going to do our 140 contacts... I have never done them all in my misson, so thats what I'm going to be praying for each night. We were hit pretty hard this week with vacations. 6 of our investigators traveled to Cochabamba. But we still have one girl who will be baptized this week. I also had my first experience of being kicked out of a house this week. I started talking about the Restoration and sometihng told me I should wait to say ´´Joseph Smith´´. I finished the first vision and the guy asked me what the prophets name was ´´se llama José Smith´´... ´´enough! Get out now!´´.We tried to reason with him and explain that if he had doubts he could just pray but he flipped out. So we just left. It didnt depress me, more amazed me how prideful he was. We are teaching an older couple, the Torrez family. They didnt go to church last week and we asked them what happened. The dad said ´´what's the name of your church?...oh...we went to ´´Padre de Sufrir´´ They went to some crazy evangelical church down the street from the Stake Center. They said everyone was screaming and they got scared and left.

Ok b4 I forget, Mom, Dad... you guys have Facebook?
Chris-Thanks for the tips on listening
Kim-I really do feel older... this morning I was studying and I stood up...but then didnt move. My comp asked me what I was doing ´´úmmmm...I dont remember´´My area is way wetter and muddier than Villamontes.
KK-I'll be baking those cookies you guys sent me a while ago. I can picture that being funny haha.
EE-I'm looking forward to meeting Liam too. I still cant believe you have akid.
G-Ma Wow, the Saints vs the Colts. Now I know to ask the people here ´´who won? The blue or the black?
Mom- the mission covers all my medical cept for vision and dental
Valynn- This B-Day has already been better. Some people showed up at six am to sing me happy B day. I dont miss Villamontes too much. Haha, my buddy Elder Blackburn(I wanna know how his family got that name) replaced me downthere... GOOD LUCK MAN!Being zone leader is just more time consuming. We have to do inspections and have meeting with stake leaders. The heat here is not as bad, but its humid.
Crystal-Today I'll be making cookies... and then I'll be washing clothes.

Ok so my area is the east part of the town. Theres an avenue (avenida)called Pampa. It runs north south, but then turns off towards the east. I live like 200 yards south of where the avenue bends. My area is all country.I need more baby wipes! Well guys, thanks for the photos and the B-Day songs. This mission is going by fast. See you before we know it.

Love Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!