Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Feb 20, 2010

2-17-2010 E-MAIL

Its gonna be a interseting week.

Hey everybody, so ya sorry Im writing late, the 14th 15th and 16th we were stuck in our house during Carnival. Carnival is basically a nation wide water fight. Kinda cool but the people start playing a little rough so we dont work for those days. But it was kinda nice being able to relax a little bit. I cooked the mashed potatoes that you sent me, thank you very much. So we've had pretty intersting week. The rain has been giving us a lot of problems. On Saturday a girl named Siliva was baptized, but she didnt come to church on Sunday cuz of the rain. Right now we have two people that haven't been confirmed, so today we need to find them and make sure they understand how important the confirmation is. We got burned by the assitstants over all this, and I know I shouldn't make excuses... but come on! I cant control the weather. We've had a ton of rain here, one day I forgot my poncho in my pensions house, not a good thing. We had the baptismal interview with Silvia too, so we had to book it through the rain and lightening, it was scary but funny too. But it doesnt really flood here, the first day I was here in Montero it flooded but after that, nothing. Last week I did divisions with my buddy Elder Thompson, that was a great time. Him, my comp and another Elder in our zone are going home tommorow, and last night they told us that Im not gettiing another comp for a week. Whats going to happen is Elder Castillo (who Elder Thompson was training) is going to be my comp for a week. So I'm going to be the lone zone leader for a while. we'll see how that goes. We had an interesting experience this week: We saw this little old lady hitting this guy with a whip thing (they make little whips out of rope to beat their kids, its lovely), and we just assumed that the kid had disobeyed his mom. But later that night he showed up at a members house, so we started talking to him. The lady was his mother in law, and she didnt want him to come visit his new born baby. We ended up haveing a really good visit with him and sent the missionaries to his house in Santa Cruz.
EE-It doesnt really ''flood'', but some streets are tough to get through.But its alright now cuz Elder Thompson is going to leave me his boots when he leaves, thats going to help a ton.
Crystal- whats going on at your work?
Mom- I imagine the heavy flooding is in a place called Beni. Its more towards the north of Bolivia.Tell Vince and Cyd hi. Are they dating anyone? That's good the Olsens are in our ward, hows Parker doing? I think I got all your packages, thanks a lot. I can't think of anything I really need right now.
Valynn- They dont really celebrate St. Valentines here, instead they have Carnival. Tell Jamen and Tyler good job.
Dad- ya. Im need to work on being a better leader.

Ok, well wish me luck, thank you so much for your prayers and your support. I'll let you know who my new comp is once I know.

Love, Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!