Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Mar 1, 2010

2-22-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: ...I wanna be jr comp hahah

Hey everybody... well its been a really interesting week. I thought I was only going to be with Elder Castillo, who has 2 months, but I am with another Elder too. So we are three missionaries working in three areas all at once...yaaaa. A tad bit stressful. Silvia and Juan Carlos were confirmed, that was a huge relief for us. Turns out Silvia came having only slept 2 hours, thats some great faith for a 16 year old, who met us 2 months ago. We also had a really great experience with a man named Alejandro. He went to church with his wife whos a member, so we went to visit them about a week ago. Only the wife was home, but she was really upset, she told us that in a few hours she was going to take the kids and abandon her husband. So we talked to her for a little bit, and the husband happened to show up. We gave a short lesson, but it wasn't anything special and he really didn't feel anything, but said he'd listen to us again. The next time we came, we knelt down with him and he prayed about the Book of Mormon and got his answer, now he wants to be baptized. This family was about to destroy itself a few weeks ago, but with a simple prayer everythings all better. We had a fun time for Elder Vasquez´s last day, but not on purpose. We spent about an hour trying to find a way to make it to a lady´s house in a part of our area that was full of water. Some little kids helped us out and brought this shipping crate thing and let us use it as a boat. It was great, I attached a pic of it. Now Im just waiting for my comp to get here, haha.


Mom- You should put this picture up in chapel, way better. Im trying to be a better leader. I dont really act like myself out here, Im waaayyy to serious.
Crystal-I actually saw like 2 seconds of the Olympics, some dude was bobsledding.
Valynn- This week was actually terrible haha. We only worked for a few days,and we are 3 Elders short. My actual comp will be here on Thursday... I think. I will be waiting for cinamon rolls when I get home. Are you sure Jamen is in high school?
Kim-I actually have two comps right now, Elder Castillo and Elder Lopez...with their time in the mission combined I almost double them. They look at me sometime as if to say ´´what do we do?´´... sometimes all I do is look right back at em cuz I dont have a clue either haha.
EE I am so jelous you got to see Colbert and Michael Buble.
Grandma- Yes I sing the hymns now, problem is I hardly remember them in English. And Im going to be really out of rythm in church back home, cuzhere they like singing the hymns at different beats.
KK-ya three days in the house with nothing to do but read... not that great.

OK, love you guys, next week I let ya know who my comp is.

Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!