Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Mar 1, 2010

3-1-2010 E-MAIL

Well... we see ya later Spanish

Hey there everybody,So ya things are going pretty great here right now, cuz I have my new companion. He name is Elder Gonzalez… and he's from California. It's not that I'm racist, but it's nice to live with someone from your home. It's areally good time. We are from the same group too, he goes home with me in June. We were already buddies so I was so happy when they called me and told me he was coming. He's a lot like Martin, not just the fact that he's Latin.He's super calm all the time. It's going to be a really great transfer! I've already learned just a ton from him. He teaches in a really different way,and its all rubbed off a bit on me. None of our lessons are repetative, we prepare a lot more for each situation and each lesson is geared more towards the investigator. The spirit is really strong when we teach now, which is good cuz our spanish is worse cuz we speak english ALL DAY. Our area is doing well. After 8 weeks of waiting the Torrez family FINALLY came to church. It was so frustrating, something always happened each Sundayand they couldn't come. But now they made it, and loved it. They are getting baptized on the 20th. We have quite a few people we are teach right now. We are making an effort to work more with our members. Yesterday we went to our other ward Villa Verde and made appointments with our bishop and mission leader, they are really excited to work with us to help the ward, its really struggling. And in just 15 minutes of talking with members we found two people whos family are members and want to get baptized. Our zone is also improving a ton. Last week was just terrible, but the missionaries have already found 7 more people and placed them with baptism dates, they are working hard. I got 3 more packages, thank you very much. I keep forgeting to tell you guys, but I really don't need any pens. I don't know why but I go through them really slowly. I've used like 15 in my whole mission… but I have like 50 to hold me over for these next four months. Also I'm thinking about doing a study abroad program in Spain, cuz I need to learn real Spanish before I take that Spanish exam at BYU. Cuz you just look into that a bit? How expensive it is any everything.
EE- All of the sudden the rain just stopped here. Its starting to become winter already here, the southern winds are coming from Argentina. So now my area has turned from a nasty mud hole to a dust bowl, which is better. Thanks for taking care of my FACE book, does anybody still talk to me onthere?
Valynn-haha, oh Tyler. One day you'll just be able to laugh when its his turn to have kids.
Kim-Actually we wouldn't have known about the earthquakes if it wasn't for a family in Villa Verde, they are worried cuz there son is in the mission where the quake was. Don't worry about keeping the email short, I have time.
Grandma There's a Prison Branch?
Crystal-Don't feel bad about the pictures, I don't send them to Pasco either. One year already?Mom/Dad Its tough knocking doors here. In other places the people let you know RIGHT AWAY if they dont want to listen. But here in their minds they can be saying ´´I´m never ever going to do the things you're telling me´´But then all they tell us is ´´Yes, Yes, Yes´´ and have no intentions to do it. Lots of time lost. Theres always a learning curve, even at 20 months. I've changed the way I teach about 5 time in the mission.

OK gotta go, love you guys. You should look for Elder Gonzalez´s family mom. They are from Clover City CA, I think its in LA county. OK

bye-Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!