Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Feb 2, 2010

2-1-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: Nos vemos enero

Hey everybody,We had a pretty good week, my birthday was pretty quiet, we baked some cookies at my pensions house. Yesterday one of our investigators Ana Karen was confirmed, my comp had to baptize her 3 times on Saturday cuz she flipped out each time she went under the water. Tommorow we have zone leader conference again. I havent heard anything from the office so I dont think I have to give the class. The month of Janurary was way better than December for our Zone, we finished with 8 convirts. In December it was just 3, so I think President Maynes is happy with all of us. We have a lot of people progressing right now. We are in charge of a little branch an hour outside of the city, and we just found out there are 4 youth out there that have been attending for months and want to be baptized. February should be a pretty great month. We need to help out that branch and the other ward we are in charge of. They both have a lot of problems. I bought a Book of Mormon in Portugues, I try to read it every now and then,it is prety much the same as spanish when you read it. It'd be cool to learn a bit, but I think I'll study it more after the mish. I barely have time to study Spanish let alone another language.So I sent a package about a month ago with some letters... did that ever show up? I sent a other one yesterday too. So yesterday a couselor from the Stake Presidency came in and lit us up cuz no one in our ward is supporting a regional encampent that Pres Nash (the Area President) set up. He talked about how the parents need to make the sacrifice to support this and that their children would recieve blessing from it. Mom, Dad, thank you for making the sacrifice, I was very blessed for going to all those activities.
KK-I miss snow... I miss nieces and nephews haha.
Elise-Ya the bugs are actually 100 times worse here, I have to wear bug spray litteraly 24/7.
Crystal haha, my buddy elder Thompson completes 2 years in like 20 days...And he still doesn't know what day he's going home. But my last transfer should end the 28 of June. I should be going home around then.
G-Ma- Thanks for the jokes and the news... when is the Super Bowl?
Valynn-My branch is pretty great, it looks like a ward, but not everyone is on board with tithing yet. But ya they help out a ton, they help with making the convirts and investigators feel at home.
Mom- The package hasn't arrived yet, probably this week. Do I need to do something with the license extension paper? If not you should just keep it.I dont need it and theres a risk of it being lost or stolen. Im glad Juan was able to write you guys, hes awesome, he helps us out a ton. Well everybody, Elder Cockram just told me we have 20 weeks left, thats nuts. I'm really trying to up my work ethic so I can end well.Talk to you guys next week.

Love Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!