Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Apr 19, 2010

4-19-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: Prresident Maynes.... I LOST him.

Hi everyone,
So training is just... just funny. I wonder how Elder Dodds didnt ever laugh at me, actually I think he did. Im just trying to teach my companion to RELAX. He gets so nervous when he teaches. But he has made a lot of progress in just one week. Maybe Im trying to teach him too much at once, but he'll be such a better teacher once he gets a hang of teaching simply and sincerely, with good scriptures and good questions. But its a work in progress.
The area is really picking up in our area, its called Estacion for those who are keeping score. We have ten people that are showing a lot of potential. We've just been trying to stay positive and keep being obedient and diligent I just kept saying things will get better, and they did. We had some rough days of just walking up and down the streets trying to find members houses and people to listen to us. But we've found some neighborhoods on outside of the center of town, and people are just nicer there. We found a guy named Victor who told us that the Elders visited his family 15 years ago and that his family was so much happier than, hes super cool and want to get baptized. A new convirt named Felipe just got reunited with his wife(well, girlfriend) and his two kids. He use to be an alcholholic but she heard about how hes turned things around and came back... problem is now they are breaking the Law of Chastity... kinda an important detail. But they are making plans to get married.

So funny story para explain the title. So me and comp are in a hurry so we jump on moto taxis. My comp asks '' where are we going?'' and I just say ''just follow us''. Problem is he gets stuck at a red light, we pull over to wait for him, but they dont see us, and we dont see them pass. So then I realize whats going on, my companion is on a mototaxi, speeding down the road, cuz he thinks that we are way ahead of him, and we are speeding behind him, trying to catch him. And the whole time I’m just imagining the conversation con President Maynes '' I just flat out lost him!'' But we caught him, all is well.

Mason- We've had some great experiences already this week. We have to depend a lot more in the spirit.
EE-sounds like Liam is getting big.
Dad- The missionaries had my ward and the ward where Elder Smith is. But they worked more in Elder Smiths area, so we didnt have much to work with when we got here.
Crystal-what is Matt studying again?
Mom- haha, ya Idk what I’m going to do about work. Idk what the deal is with the package, the first one you sent hasn’t shown up yet.
Grandma- I almost felt bad for Bonderman, than I remember hes a millionare.
Valynn-I honestly think I was easy to train. And being trained by an American made things nice too, no language barrier. My companion is from Peru, a city called Trujillo (''True'' ''he'' ''yo''). I have to be extra obedient and diligent to show him a good example, and if not, I get to have a ''talk'' with Pres Maynes.
VAlynn-I dont even know if i can ride a bike anymore, cuz I was pretty bad before the mission.
kk-IDK what ever excuse you can give them.
mom-um... I dont really want to call on P-day. I might be able to do it on Tuesday.

Ok guys, thanks for your prayers, love ya, gotta go
-Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!