Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


May 11, 2010

4-26-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: Perseverar hasta el fin

hey everybody,
Ya, well this week was... just a trial. We have a lot of investigators, but we had a really tough time finding time with them, so we spent a lot of time looking and knocking doors. I had a really cool experience one afternoon: It was about 4 pm and we hadn’t gotten into a house yet, we were walking down a road and I said a little prayer for guidance. I got a feeling we needed to cross the street and knock at a house. The man who answered was named Jenaro and he accepted a baptism date, it was super cool. But he didn’t come to church yesterday haha, so we need to find him again.
My companion had his first experience praying about the Book of Mormon with an investigator, it works everytime. He also participated in his first blessing of health. He blessed a girl while she was throwing up (wish I had a camera), and about 20 minutes later she was fine.
Its finally starting to cool down, it feels so nice. I went to Santa Cruz on Saturday to get my warts frozen off and on the drive there I let the autumn air blow on my face, it was nice. And contrary to what most people think, having cold air blow in my face didn’t make my lungs explode (I have so many stories about stuff like that when I get home).
But ya I went to Santa Cruz for that wart treatment... Liquid Nitrogen hurts A LOT! We'll see if I can get these bad boys taken off b4 June 26th at 1:32 pm...pacific standard time.
We are really going to be working more with our members this week. We’ve had some results with our own efforts, but we are going to be visiting more families this week and meeting with the leaders so they can give us a bit of guidance. I got pretty frustrated this week, so we need to change things up a bit this week.
Ok well.. I love you guys, pray for me.
-Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!