Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


May 17, 2010

5-17-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: I thought you were going to be like Abû!

Hi everyone,
This was a pretty great week. it started out with me and Elder Smith doing an interchange. we are both training, so we thought we shouldnt leave our companions together, but President Maynes told us we should. It was so fun, we've both improved our teaching a ton while training, and we just laughed all day as we were walking... Then a monkey bit me. Ya, one of our investigatores has a niehbor with a monkey, and they really love sun flower seeds. But I got a little too close and he chomped down on my finger. I was not happy. but the monkey doesnt have rabies so we're good.
After that whole thing we had a conference with Elder Marcus Nash, the President of the area South America North West, and before that he was president of our area... you guys probably knew that, But I was oblivious to it back then. He's amazing. We all met him and shook his hand, I told him I was from Pasco and he says ''I remember you!''... I had a conversation with him about that 2 years in Lima, it was cool he remembered. He taught us about a new way to teach, with questions that really make people express themselves. We tried it this week and really had some great experiences. People have been sharing with us more about thier hopes and fears in this life. Its really helped me develop more love for the people. Now when I meet someone, I think more about the chalenges they face.
After the conference I talked a little more with Elder Nash. He started raving about the Tri Cities, and about President Montierth. Im supposed to give him a hug for Elder Nash when I get home.
The area is coming along slowly, we talked more with the Bishopric yesterday about how we can help them with their worries, so that they can help us too. With their help we'll see more progress.
So I only have 5 Sundays left, and today I start my last planner... it's still not real. I talked to my friend Elder Anderson, who leaves in a few days... he still doesnt believe that hes going home. Im probably going to be the same.

EE- I have tons of people to meet when I get home haha
Valynn- it actually says in the manual that a missionary needs to be alone when in the bathroom... I dont want to know why the leaders had to put that in writing.

Mom and Dad- Im starting to realize that ending the mission doesnt mean I get to relax (well maybe a bit). But Im staying busy, but mondays are a bit hard to keep focused with four other Elders from my group. Oh and I tihnk if I stop working Pres Maynes would send me home without honor a day early.

Grandma- Im excited to see all the changes. But Im still not happy about the new high school.

Kim- my companion is doing really well. We find out on Wednesday if we stay together or not.

Crystal-Im still haning in there, i learned a ton from Elder Nash that i havent been doing for most of my mission, so Im trying to end well using the things he taught.

Ok fam, talk to you next week, love you, keep safe
Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!