Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Apr 6, 2010

3-29-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: Tres

well another week has gone bye, and March is basically gone. I think you all can notice that my English has improved...a lot... I couldnt think of a bigger fancier word. But ya, that happens with an American comp, and never having time to study Spansih.
Well we started off this week with a zone conference. I got to see my buddy Elder Meridith... I just love that guy. The conference was great. President Maynes taught us about virtue and how it relates to the after life, but it turned into a Question and Answer session where we just picked President Mayne's brain. Hes a smart guy. I am really going to miss not seeing him. We also got to have interviews with him. We talked about a lot of interseting things... mostly about my plans after the mission haha. We talked a bit about what I want to do for a living, now Im not as dead set on being a dentist, but I need to weigh out a ton of stuff before I make that decision. We had a really cool little moment together, we were talking about how being a zone leader and being a trainer, Its like how a ward needs a good bishop, but also a great Scout Master. he told me ''if you really want to make a huge impact in the life of a person, be a scout Master''. And after he said that I felf the spirit in a way I normally dont feel, and Pres Maynes then said '' And the spirit is testifying to both of us that its true''.
We also ended the week with Elsa, Victor and Ronald being baptized, that was great. We've been working with the Family Torrez for about 15 or 16 weeks... man, totally worth it. We had some unfortunate things happen to us, and two of our investigators who were also going to be baptized arent looking so great right now... but we'll be helping them out. But we still have a TON of people here that are ready for baptism... there are 7 people who could do it in April... thatd be so great.
Me and Elder Gonzalez had a moment when we both said '' WHERE IS A CAMERA?''. So we get caught in a rainstorm, soaking wet, with an apointment to go to across town. But people here are afraid of rain, so theres almost no taxis. But out of nowhere our misson leader shows up on his motor taxi. So we jump on, elder gonzalez, and me hanging on tight behind him. Problem is there are huge puddles, so I need to lift my legs way up so the water doesnt splash all over me. It looked like on Dumb and Dumber when Harry is frozen to Loyds back... just trust me, it was funny.
We went to Santa Cruz today to have a little Language training thing. All the latin elders are going to study english and earn a certificate from BYU, so thats pretty cool. We also got permision to go eat in the center of the city... I went to ..... SUBWAY, I havent eaten that in 21 months.... it was just... just .. SOOO GOOD.

Chris- Thanks for the news.
Dad- The members do a pretty good job of befreinding people. It still feels hot here, the sun is just super strong. The wart war... eh... its going still, Im going to get liquid nitrogen treatment next month.
Mom- No package yet. Tell Quintin congratulations and to read nothing but the Preach My Gospel and the Book of Mormon while hes preparing. Im just figuring out how amazing those two books are.
Crystal- Thats actually something Ive been thinking about lately, how different Im going to seem for you guys... even like taste wise. For example... I LOVE spicy food now, I eat tomatoes, onions, even celery... even celery, still not that great. Ha, and beats, I love beats haha.
Grandma-Thats going to be wierd to see Elders after the mission in my house. There are RMs here that just try and burn us all the time and tell us what we are doing wrong, I hope I dont do that.
Kim- Ya, time is really flying by. The reality is starting to set in... Im not going to be doing this that much longer.
KK- Its still so weird to think there are 4 more members of the family I dont even really know.

Ok people, I love you all, happy Easter, not sure when it is really. Hasta la próxima semana
-Elder Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!