Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Apr 19, 2010

4-12-2010 E-MAIL

Subject: ''These guys think we are perfect''

OK, lots of stuff happened this week. First off, I’m not with Elder Gonzalez anymore. I’m still in Montero, but I’m opening an area across the street from La Pampa... and... I’m training. My new compañion is from Trujillo Peru, his name is Elder Ramirez. When we went to go pick up our new campanions President Maynes pulled me aside and said that I was getting the best one and that he expects big things this transfer. He told all of us who are training (there are 19 new missionaries, and most of the Elders from my group are training) that we WILL have 42 lessons a week and we WILL have 140 conversations in the street. I found something really cool too, Elder Allan from my group is training in Villamontes. Pres Maynes said that there are 8 people with baptism dates there, Pres Maynes looked at me and said '' you contacted all of them''.
My buddies Elder Jacobsen and Eld Smith and also training here with me, its pretty sweet, there are 6 companionships, and 5 of them have someone from my group. Me and Elder Smith stayed together one night as we were waiting for our comps, and Elder Smith said ''man... these guys are going to think we are perfect''. And now, I’m WAAY better than I use to be, but man, now I have to be perfect!!
Eld Ramirez really wants to learn and watches and copies EVERYTHING I do. But its a good time and I like introducing him to things, his first lesson, first contact first planning session(that one was rough). Our area is kinda tough( ''Tough is relative''-Pres Maynes) but we have a few people that the other Elders left. And we were able to find a really great kid named Daniel who showed a TON of interest. But we are going to need a lot of help from members.
I had some great experiences this week. First off, we had lots of prayers answered. First, when we went and got our comps, Elder Jacobsen lost his bag in a taxi, it had his journal, his camera, his money and his passport. Im sure all of were praying for him, and the next day the taxi driver turned it in with everything. I have also been praying that we don’t have to knock doors all day, and that my comp doesn’t have to start his mission with out having lessons. Each day we are increasing our lessons, even though we still dont really know anybody.
But my other experience was in the priesthood session, Elder Rashband spoke about picking mission calls. It really wasnt anything he said, but during the entire talk, I had this overwhelming feeling of surity(is that a word) That i was supposed to be here, with these people, these missionaries, and with Pres Maynes. We actually all felt it together, pretty awesome.
Mom I gave Pres Maynes the ecliastical endorsment hes going to fax it. Thats crazy about flight plans, I’ll talk the next day, just let me know the topic b4. Send me a couple 15 1/2 inch shirst for my comp, he has like 3.

Valynn- sounds like I’ll have lots of activities to watch when i get home. we have been playing B-ball and soccer a lot latey. But Im still terrible

Crystal-thanks for your email. IDK how I made it 2 years haha.
Kim- 8 years... wow

Ok love you guys, talk to you later, pray for me and my comp
Elder Wilson



****Just to let everyone know, Mike arrives June 26th at 1:32PM!!!!!****

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!