Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Mar 30, 2009

3-30-2009 E-MAIL

AREA: LAS FLORES, PERU
COMPANION: EDLER MURILLO


Hey everybody, sounds like things have calmed down after all the weddingstaff. Things are going awesome here. This transfer has been flying by. Weare already two thirds done. This was a tough week, everyday we had tons ofpeople fail their citas with us. And on Friday we had one of ourinvestigators, Cesar, fail his interview, so we were pretty bummed aboutthat. Our DL told us he just said he didn’t want to get baptized yet. We gotpretty bummed but we just kept going. The next day we still had one lady,Viviana to baptize. I baptized her, it was great. Then on Sunday Cesar cameback to church and we talked to him and resolved some of his doubts. Then weasked him againg about baptism and he said yes. Then he asks, ‘’when shouldI get baptized?’’ and My comp Elder Murillo goes… ‘’RIGHT NOW!’’ So wecalled our ZL and baptized him a few hours later. It was great. I'm learningso much from my Comp, about just having faith and trusting that things aregonna work out if we just put our part in.

I finally cooked the spam mom sent me, it turned out pretty great. Even my pensh liked it and she has hated all the other things I've cooked.We still have a ton of people to baptize b4 I leave. There are 5 people Iwanna baptized b4 I leave, the husband of Viviana, Bruck (Brooke), a familyof three and another lady named Rosa. We´ll see how it goes.And I just found out like 10 minutes ago, that the stake presidency isthinking of closing my Ward haha. My ward is the smallest and is surroundedby 4 other wards, so they my cut it up between the othe wards.

Josh- Happy late B Day, sorry, I wanna try and keep on top of B Day whileim out here.

Mom-Good to hear mail is on the way haha. With the change in address themail has been pretty messed up, hopefully things will start getting to me.Be sure and use the new address I sent

. Kim- April 10th got it. The work´s going awesome here since my birthday. Ibaptized 1 person my first 7 months in the mish and 12 the last two months.And I can not wait for conference, it’s a whole nother deal on the mission…especially in another country.

Cystal- Ya its cool to talk about worldly stuff, haha. But just don’t remindme about Disney world. And Things are amazing with my comp, we haven’t hada single problem this whole time.

Grandma- Im starting to see how the time flies, I remember thinking how faraway conference was. Then after that ill be calling b4 we know it, and thenill complete my YEAR haha.

EE- wow I really hope Roland gets better, keep my updated.

Valynn- All the gringos listen to conference in English, its not the sametranslated. Its so much better listening to their own voices. I misscrashing in the family room for conference. Haha and after awhile everybodyis asleep cept mom. Ya the language is going great, afer 6 months mostelders have it down. Every now and then I dream in Spanish.

Well I gotta go. Everybody take care of yourselves, have fun in the warmweather.Love Elder Michael Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!