Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Mar 29, 2009

2-23-2009 E-MAIL

AREA: LAS FLORES, PERU
COMPANION: ELDER TORREZ


Hey everybody,
Well its been a good week. We had another person get baptized from our
hill ´´The Money Maker´´. Her name is Susan. The baptism was so nuts, we
only had keys to the front door to the capilla. And we wanted to sing hymns,
but almost everyone at he baptism were brand new members, so they didn't
know any of the songs. And the hymnarios were in the bishop’s office… which
was locked. But theres this weird little glass window above the door, so we
took the window out and had our mission leader climb through, I got it on
video… it’s a good one. Then after we figured out we didn’t have keys to get
into the font. We’ve climbed into the font b4, but this time it was totally
full. But right as we were getting ready to hop the railing the bishop
showed up. We started super late but its all good. When things go wrong in a
situation, it just makes it more memorable. I just sat and laughed.
Our last P day was amazing, in the spirit of Los Carnivales we played
with water balloons. The Zone leaders wanted to play some type of balloon
toss game, but 3 minutes in we were just like…´´ya…whatever,´´ and started
peggin each other and filling up tubs and drenching each other. It was a
good time.
So… I have one week left. That is neat. We were hardly together at all
this week. We are always doing divisions… basically to get away from each
other haha. I'm excited to get a new comp, there is a slight chance I might
be made senior comp, but probably not quite yet, but we’ll see.
The work here is going really well. I had one convert in my first 5
months here, and 7 since my B Day. And we still have a lot of people who
should be getting baptized. But the thing is we still don’t work that hard,
we could be doing much much more. I'm laying down the law with my next comp,
even though I'll probably be jr comp.


Mom- that’s good Martin did a good job speaking, I love that guy. He’s going
to be awesome.
Dad- Now that you mention being in an area for 13 months… I really wouldn’t
mind being here for a long time. I have an awesome ward, awesome room, and
still tons of people. But I do miss American Elders, haha, I still have a
tough time joking with most of the latin elders, they have a way different
sense of humour than me. Take care in CA, how long are you there for?

Valynn- 2 things. 1 can you send me some Purrell (no idea how to spell it)
the hand sanitizer. And tell Elder Durrant NOT to take the package to the
office. The elder in charge of the mail is horrible, and it won't get to me
4 ever. He was in an area called Los Jardines (the gardens) so he knows the
lady that cooks me breakfast, it’s the wife of the bishop, sister Haidé
(´´I-Day´´), can you tell him to take the package to here house?
Elise- Ya my mission is flying by… well most days its flying by, when I take
it one week at a time it goes so fast its ridiculous. But when I sit there
and think how many MONTHS I have left, it seems like 4 ever. And the
weirdest think I've eaten is cow intestines, but they tasted like shrimp.



Well I gotta go I love you guys so much. And I´ll have a new comp the next
time I write!
Love, Mike

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!