Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Nov 4, 2008

11-3-2208 E-MAIL

AREA: LAS FLORES, PERU
COMPANION: ELDER TORREZ

Dear fam,

wow you all sent me a ton of stuff this week, which is good, but i
gotta write this fast. After my last email I found out my comp was a
MEXICAN, I was so excited, I miss mexicanos so much… sadly when he arrived I
realized he was born with out a personality. He said about 3 sentences in
the first three days. But no, he´s starting to talk a bit more, so that’s
really nice. I have so much I can learn from him though, hes an amazing
teacher. He always uses stories and examples that keep the peops interested.
He came from a place called Bayovar, which is hands down the most successful
zone in lima. (las flores… well, were not.) And he’s totally changing the
way we do things. He focuses on soley on working through members and finding
people they know who might be willing to listen to us. I think its going to
work better than just contacting a large portion of the day. We figured out
that in my 6 weeks here I did around 1200 contacts… and found 3 people to
teach. In 2 days of looking for friends of members we found 5. So November
should be a pretty good month.
I found out I am not ready at all to be senior comp. I basically was for
this week, cuz elder torres doesn’t know the area at all or any of the
investigators, so ive been doing all the plans at night, and when ever we
have our plan A and B fall through hes just like ´´ alright where are we
going´´… man Idk!
We went to dylans house this week, hes acting strange now idk what the
deal is, he missed church 2 out of the last 3 days. But while we were
teaching him his g-ma came in and starting talking to us. We had finished
and had to leave but she wouldn’t stop talking when ever she took a breath I
would say that ill say a prayer and start, but in the middle shed just start
going again. Dylan went to sleep after a while on the couch. Then I looked
over and say my comp had passed out too, so it was just me and Grandma
Haumani kicking it in the living room.
We also had a really great lesson with Alejandro. We came in he had 3 of
his friends there and they were all dressed kinda like gangsters. But they
all spoke English, so they wanted to talk to me, so I explained about my
mission and everything, then we started and they asked if they needed to go
and we said no. So all three of decided to stay. I felt like I gave the best
lesson ive given so far on the mission, I just testified the whole time, and
I could tell they could really feel something.
Ok I don’t have much more time, but theres some stuff I need. More
vitamins. And I need denture cleaner….. for my retainer, I hate that thing
but when I don’t wear it my teeth kill. I also need to find out how to send
Austin his letter, I don’t think I can send it through pouch, could someone
find out for me?
Got the Halloween package, ha mom thanks for the beans. Just to let
everybody know TWIX are NOT frowned apon at all.
Sounds like everyone had a good time with Halloween, they kinda have it
here, kids just run around saying ´´Quiero alowín´´

Crystal, my Spanish isn’t anything great but its getting better. I didn’t
get your jerkey package, mail here just sucks. And idk for sure the date for
Bolivia.

Kim, my bet is girl. I cant remember who elder Anderson is.

Mom- mayans didn’t bring our mail but they said they’ll send it, idk when
though.
My city is called Las Flores, but the county I live in is called san juan
lurigancho. Today was hot, its starting to get warmer each day. Dogs aren’t
a problem, they just bark, we always have a book of mormon in our hands so
we just smack them with it if they come up to us, or kicking work s too.

K gotta go bye bye.

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!