Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Nov 24, 2008

11-24-2008 E-MAIL

AREA: LAS FLORES, PERU
COMPANION: ELDER TORREZ


hey everybody,
This week was pretty good. It was pretty uneventful though. We had a big
missionary night this past Saturday and we taught about the Plan of
Salvation. The people came into the gym, and we pretented we were on a plane
and the plane crashed so we all died. Then we took them around to each room
and taught about each step and where we can go after this lfie. We had 120
people show up, which is AMAZING! for our stake. THe best was we had to pass
out flyers all week for it. So me and my comp climbed all over the mountain
next to our area, the mountains are always the poorest parts of lima. I feel
the most like a missionary when I'm up there, I wouldn't call it a pretty
view, but it's cool. Also Eduardo's dad came to the activity, and he said
he really enjoyed it. We showed a video at the end, and he told us he wants
to show it to his family, so we'll have to find a copy of it for him.
We had english class again, but this time… people actually came, which was
nice ha ha. We have to keep looking for new people, it's so tough, people
here have a tough time keeping appointments, and most people work 6 hours a
day and don’t want to talk to us on their only free day.
Ok there's some stuff I need in a package, if you sent it let me know so I
stop asking for it. I need denture cleaning tablets, more vitamins and
stamps.
I got TWO packages today, that was awesome, one from kim with the
Christmas ornaments, and one from kk with the pumkin kisses. Thanks a ton
guys for thinking about me, getting things from home helps sooo much.
Mom I sent that letter you wanted today, idk when it'll get to you. I'm
also gonna try and get another cd sent off today, I have no idea where a
post office is here though.
-Mom dad, sounds like all is goin well at home. Dad, is Kellen Moore QB
for Boise?
Valynn and Chris- haha… I don’t think I'm speaking exactly like an RM
yet, give me 19 months.
EE- who was the elder that came home?
Grandma- thanks for the update, that’s too bad about byu.
KK-3 packages… that'll do. I got one today, did you send me any pics?
Tell mom not to throw away too much of my stuff.
Crystal- ya I know we´re all busy it's ok. Spanish? I feel like it's
still pretty bad, but I'm waaaay farther along then I was when I got to this
area. I might be able to make it in Pasco. I've heard at Christmas, I only
have 45 minutes to talk , and the thing is I think people have to call me,
I'm not sure though. Chocoalte chip cookies would be awesome(home made por
favor).

Alright fam, I gotta go, love you all, hopefully the cd gets to you soon,
there's a video on there with a crane, it might be the best thing I've seen
on my misson.
Thanks for keeping me in your prayers, I'm doing
the same for you all.
Love you all so much,
Elder Mike Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!