Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jun 7, 2009

5-11-2009 E-MAIL

AREA:CIENIGUILLA, PERU
COMPANION: ELDER GUZMAN


Hi everybody. Mom, Happy Mothers Day, sorry, they don’t have any cards here to send, but I’m calling this week so its ok. We had a solid week, last Monday… I went to Chilis (the restaurant) and ate… FAJITAS. They were soooo amazing. And today, we are going bowling haha. It's tough living in ‘’America Town’’.Work wise the week started off really bad. In two days we taught ONE lesson. The president himself called us to see what was going on. But in our area if we have an appointment fail on us, it's really hard to find someone else to teach. Lots of times we are out in the boonies. But the week ended really well, we actually have someone with a baptism date! And we should be committing two more people this week. And the best part was that 7 people came to sacrament meeting yesterday, it was great. I really felt like my teaching went up a level this week, we had some really great lessons. Lots of times I get nervous and just start rattling off Preach My Gospel Word for word. But we are supposed to listen to the spirit and say what he tells us to say. So I really concentrated this week in not being nervous and just listening, it worked out WAY better. So it went from summer to winter in one day. Yesterday we woke up and it was about 15 degrees colder and foggy. Its funny how people handle the cold here, it was like 50 degrees yesterday and everyone had on their huge winter coats.

So I'm probably calling at 8:30 Peruvian time (I think 6:30 Pac Time) on Saturday. And I'll probably call for about 90 minutes. Crystal Ya we’ll see how the speaker phone works out. The reason you haven’t seen pics is cuz I've been lazy and haven’t sent anything since Janurary… gotta get on that. Kim- Ya I'm super excited to talk to you all. Your pics just showed uptoday, I haven’t been able to open em yet though.G-Ma My old area was like Matts, I was the only white guy. All the drunk people yelled at me… so basically everybody yelled at me. I want real milk,that’s the only thing I haven’t been able to find. I have a big thing of Nesquick and I still haven’t opened it cuz of that. Is Matt still sick? Valynn- I'm really sad you guys can't come, but ya we'll try the speakerphone thing. KK-ya good luck with potty training. You could have Brian go in the streetlike everybody here!

Love you guys. Talk to you in a few days!

Elder Mike Wilson

p.s. Fajitas are sooooooo good

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!