Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jan 26, 2009

1-05-09 E-MAIL

AREA: LAS FLORES, PERU
COMPANION: ELDER TORREZ


Hey everybody, sounds like new years was a good time and now things are
starting to get back to normal. That's the same story here. Limas a bit
crazier here cuz right now is their summer break, the nights are really
loud…. Well, LOUDER. And it's definitely summer now, cuz wow… its hot, I
really hope I get sent to a province, its way cooler there. Everyone lights
off fireworks for new years here. But they also make these giant dolls and
set them on fire in the streets, it's… interesting. We bought some Peruvian
fireworks. The wrapping for them were old shopping reciepts… they were
pretty good ones.
We moved this week. So now it's me and my comp….. allll by ourselves. We
fought a bit less though this week. You can tell we both are trying to end
this thing on some kind of good note. But ya, the room is… oh what's the
word… SMALL. Not joking, its about 8 feet by 20 feet. I gave a tour this
morning on my camera, so you'll get to see it in a while.
We had interviews the 30th with Pres Leyva. I just told him I'm always
unhappy cuz we aren't working hard at all, he got pretty mad and said he'll
do something about it. So I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a new come in ¡14!
Days. I knew coming into the mission I'd have to deal with comps that I
didn't get along with. But the reason we always fights is because we just
don't get things done. He just doesn't care anymore; he's got less than 2
months. But I know I've changed a lot with him, I've learned to stand up and
call someone out when they're doing something wrong. But I haven't been
fighting too much with him lately cuz were trying to keep the peace. I just
can't wait to get away from him though. I'm just always sad and depressed.
This week we are having a bit more success, we found two families that seem
really interested. We are going to keep teaching them, but chances are I'll
leave b4 they get baptized, which is too bad but it's all good.
My buddy Eduardo leaves for his mission in 10 days, so we're helping him
prepare. His fam aren't members so the ward and the missionaries are helping
him get everything he needs. He's starting to get pretty nervous. But he's
going to be really great, he can talk to anybody.
Mom I got your package with all the letters, I think they're emails from my
friends; I didn't get a chance to read them. Also I got the package from
Marlene, and there were fruitsnacks in there! Did kortney help with that
too? As always thanks you guys for the packages. Ha, but now I have to
figure out where to store them in my room.
Some bad news, Pres Leyva said I can't write to your emails, so we'll have
to stick to this way.(sending them to Mom first) Sounds like I've got a lot
of bbq sauce coming. We'll see if the Latinos like it, cuz they don't like a
lot of other American food. Like peanut butter, Eduardo told me yesterday on
a scale of one to ten peanut butter is a ½.

Alright well I gotta go guys, be safe in the snow, love you guys.

Elder Wilson

PS I'm gonna try and start writing more letters to people too. But the
problem is, I still dont know much doctrine, and I teach really badly, so
most of my free time I'm trying to study something. But once I get things
more under control I'll start writing. So you should be seeing some letters
in about 10 months

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!