Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jul 3, 2008

7-3-2008 Letter!

DATE: JULY 3, 2008
AREA: PROVO, MTC
COMPANION: ELDER MITCHELL

We got a letter today from mike and I thought that I would share with you what he wrote... Here it is!

Well it's Saturday now, and Im doing laundry. We are done with the really busy first couple days. And today we finally had gym, which was a life saver. Classes are going really well, I'm really learning a lot. And spanish is pretty easy still, Monday we'll probably pass up what I learned in 2 years. The days are seeming to get a little shorter, I dont think I'll get cabin fever too bad cuz I just keep telling myself I get to go to Peru in 3 weeks. My teachers are super cool, one is named Brother Anthony, and everyone says to him "El es la leche"... which means "he is the milk"... its just funny. We laugh at really stupid things cuz we are windowless for a few hours at a time. But we had a sub one day and his name is Bro. Stocking. Turns out hes from Connel, and he gratuated in 05, so he knows Tony Lee, Chris Knight, all those guys. And he knows who the twins are. Hes a little Korean guy. The best part is he was Cyd's piano teacher.

So I have my first misson story.... so me and my comp Elder Mitchell (I'll talk about him later) are reading in this little plaza, and this Elder is telling us about how he got converted and we are reading a scripture with him, and all Elder Mitchell hears is "You got to be kidding me!"... Turns out there's pigeons in Utah, and they eat purple berries, cuz one took a pig poo off our building and landed right on my shoulder. And one of the Elders in my District is Elder Marks, and hes from Hawaii and he says its a blessing for that to happen.

Well my comps name is Elder Mitchell from Rexburg. He's awesome, we are getting along perfectly. He's hard working and we're learning together cuz we both dont know much. My district is great too. Elder Cunningham is the DL, hes from near Mt. Shasta in California. Some of the Elders are kinda goofy, but are really good Elders. We have 11 missionaries, 9 Elders and 2 sisters. 4 are going to spokane, Elder Cunningham, Elder Jacobson, Elder Jensen, and Hermana Weston. So have Chris and Valynn watch for them. And then me, Elder Mitchell and Hermana Combs are going to Santa Cruz.

Well all is going well. I hope everything is going well at home. And sometime this week i'll set up my email. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love you all
Elder Michael D Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!