Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Jul 30, 2008

7-27-08 E-MAIL

AREA: PERU MTC
COMPANION: ELDER CLAMENTE

Ok, so I didn't understand when I got here, but we go out like normal missionaries... every saturday we are here. We went to Valle Sangra, which is the second poorest neighborhood in Lima. It was mind blowing. We were there for about 10 hours, mostly visiting less active members. We had a guide from the ward come with us so we didn't get lost. I've never seen anything like this. Remember in my first email I talked about those shacks on the side of the mountain? That's where we started. Most shacks were about the size of dad's office, and most did not have roofs. The first house we came to we didn't get in. And it was only one of the two times we got rejected all day. These people are so amazing I can already tell, even when they aren't really interested in what you're saying you still get to come in as an honoured guest. And I think it helped that i'm a gringo. But anyways we knock on the first house, and this three year old runs out screaming with an old plastic oil can and smacks a chicken with it. It was so funny. A few houses later we visited a funny little man and his wife. After a few minutes of talking we went into his house. He had about 20 chickens and ducks...and 2 turkeys. it was so great. At the end of the lesson he took out his camera phone and took pictures of me, and said his fam would go to church that next day. After we were done, he wanted to kill one of the turkeys so we could eat it. it was great. Im not emphasizeding cuz i dont have time,but the poverty here is unbelievable, and yet everyone is really really happy.The kids I can tell will be my favorite part of this. They are so cute - unbelieveably. Later we did contacts and I got to teach the first lesson in spansih for the first time. And it was a real person, I was terrified and said three sentences. Thats actually what happened all day. But this guys name was Juan and he said he would pray about the restoration. I have 6 minso I gotta wrap this up. This place is awesome, im totally going to be able to do this for 2 years. ok, now to questions.
didnt play football, it was only americans and I had to do my laundry.
my comp... he bugs me a bit cuz he's pretty pushy and controlling and Idon't have enough spanish to say anything to him.
my shedule is pretty normal, just like utah basically.
I cant print emails so its a bit crazy, but keep sending them I'll figure out how to type faster. 25 gringos are going to santa cruz and all the latins that are going come in a week and a half .
valynn- I got your letter, I wish I could swim with the kids right now. no diareah yet, the yogurt is saving my life here, I eat it every day, thef oods pretty good actually...well most of the time. Thats crazy about the bomb, haha!
Tell vince its totally cool about not writing, I cant really write him whileIm here either. ok 3 min. Ummm idk. tell everybody hey, make sure you find out when martin gets his call and where, try and get beau and austins emails to me. idk about the voice recorder thing, ill figure it out later, tell me more about it, the computers here are really slow. I need a few more pairs of socks. like two pairs of whites and twoblacks.especially when Im in the field. Im getting close to halfway done here! love you guys!
bye, bye,
mike
ps wheres the cord. did it get sent? bye bye

1 comment:

dirty>south said...

Mikey - errr, elder mikey

what up? just wanted to say hi and hope all is well. may the lord be with you.

- bates and family

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!