Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Sep 28, 2008

9-22-2008 E-MAIL


DATE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2008
AREA: LAS FLORES, PERU
COMPANION: ELDER MELANDER

About 2 hours after I sent my letter my zone leaders figured out they hadn't read the spread sheet of the transfers right. All of the santa cruz elders got transferred. And all the santa cruz elders they pulled out got put into missions around lima. My new area is called Las Flores, it's the safest area in the zone they tell me. I'm with elder Melander. He is from......Michigan, but he doesn't like college football, so that was disappointing,we are pretty different but we get along fine. We also have 2 Santa Cruz elders with us, so it's 4 Americans in one apartment, which doesn't help my spanish but it's so fun. elder Delgado is from Vegas and Elder Lopez is from Boston, they've been telling me more about Santa Cruz. And the best thing is that they were told by the area presidency that they'd only be out for 2 changes which are 3 months. But ive gotten use to lima and i can live here till Bolivia opens up .

I have to tell you about this new convert in my ward. His name is Dylen, he looks like he's about tylers age but he's actually 11. His mother beats him so he lives with his Aunt now, who is not a member. But she recommended him to the elders cuz she wanted him in the church so he would stay out of gangs. He comes to church every day by himself, he's just so amazing. He's just this quiet little kid. But when we sit there with him i can just feel this power and this spirit he has. Ive never felt this from anybody, I justlove him so much, and I want to help him so much and im so worried about him now staying in the church. Ive only spent about and hour with Dylen, and i barely say anything cuz all i know how to say in spanish is gospel things.But tonight we are going back to have FHE with him. We told him we are goingto help him with his homework tonight too. When ever i see him I just picture how retarded i was at 11 years old, it just blows my mind how Dylen acts, and i just know Heavenly father has huge plans for him. So im glad im in Lima right now so i can watch out for him and try to show him what he needs to do to make his life better.

On a lighter note, I had a pretty funny experience last night with our neighbors. I knew they were from Santa Cruz and they started talking about an Elder MacLean. Idk if id said this in any other letters but one of the teachers in Provo went to Santa Cruz and me and elder mitchell talked to him like everyday about it. So i was like i might know him, so they showed me a picture of him, and it was him. But the best part was i looked on the back at his address... he's from Richland. Idk how but we never bothered to ask each other where we were from. He's at BYU right now but you guys should get a hold of his family for me. His name is Kyle MacLean and his fam lives on 1113 Foxtrot Lane is Richland. And the name of the people that know him are Micaela (like Mikayla) Cou´Mauya and Marcelo Villa Suerte (or it might beFuerte, i cant really read thier writing). Lets see what else is there... Oh i figured out how to sew. I didn't want to say anything till it got better but i cut my leg pretty deep on some glass in the street so i sewed my pants back together. But my leg is totally fine now.
Today i have to go to the office, and i think i might actually have some of my mail from Santa Cruz there. I hope some of my old district is there, those guys are soooo funny, we are all so close now, i love all those guys so much. Lima isn't really that humid actually, its just like Seattle pretty much, and Las Flores in even drier that my last area.

Tell Ashley and Dallin congrats for me that's so awesome .And since i moved areas i wont see Jenifer any more, but ya shell get baptized eventually. It was tough gettin her to church cuz it starts at 8, now we start at 10 so that'll be better. Well i gotta head out, but sounds like things are good at home, im doing fine here. Im basically an 8th done with my mission already, which isn't that much but its gone super fast. Spanish is getting a little better. I haven't been able to study a lot since ive been here (actually i haven't been able to study that much since ive been in the field) cuz our mission has to figure out what to do with all these santa cruz elders. But this week they are more settled in so it might be my first normal week here. OK Igotta go,


loves you guys a ton,Elder Wilson
Here are some pictures that we received from Mike. Sorry that I do not have any details on the pictures, but have fun looking!
Some of the Elders from the MTC
On their day trip out to see sites in Lima
Lima Peru Temple

I think this is his apartment....nice. :)

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!