Bolivia Time

We Believe

playlist


Aug 21, 2008

8-19-2008 E-MAIL

AREA: PERU MTC
COMPANION: ELDER GARCIA


Subject: Give us freedom

Hey everybody, how's it going? Its almost noon right now, we got to go tothe temple today for that last time in 2 years. So me and Elder Puglisi stayed for about 3 hours. Things are going good here, I'm not fluent but I've come along way in 8 weeks. I'm just so ready to get out of here. This mtc is amazing for learning spanish. But I don't feel like I've learned much doctrine, and its very frustrating. Every day we have these fake situations, that either have to do with the word of wisdom, the sabbath day, or lesson 1. And now they are starting to repeat the same exact situations. We just keep saying that once we get out into the field it'll be different. So you know how we go proselyting every saturday? this saturday they are having a big mormon... convention I'd guess you'd call it, in this big park in downtown Lima. and there's supposed to be 2000 people there. So they're sending us down there for the day. Everyone we talk to says it's the biggest day for missionary work in Lima.

The elders in my district are soo funny. Elder Puglisi and Elder Meridith are awesome. I wish I could explain to you guys well how funny this place is. We just have to laugh at our situation sometimes, or else we'd go crazy. Ok, so I keep finding all these connections with people here. The area medical director is named Elder Terrance Drake, and he is amazing, he teaches priesthood for the gringos and he is the best teacher I've ever heard. And he's from Reno. So I asked him about Brian and LaRae. He knows them really well and called them as temple workers. He told me to say hi. And then President Nash of the 70 spoke to us last week. And he's from Seattle. Turns out he use to be AN area authority for Tri Cities and knows Pres. Montierth pretty well, he says hi too.

Ok sorry I don't have that much to say this week. I'm just ready to get out of here. I'll try and call when I'm heading to Santa Cruz. I'll probably spend the night in La Paz so I'll have lots of time. Ok I have something very VERY VERY important... the water here tastes like feet, so I'm gonna need lots of crystal light and gatorade mixes to put in my water. Ya that's about it... It sounds like I have a ton of mail in Santa Cruz so that'll be pretty nice. And ya, I just wanna get out of here. By this time next month there's a really good chance I'm gonna have some baptisms, so thats pretty crazy. Thats awesome Matt got one, I hope he gets to Mexico soon. Well I'll probably send another email on tuesday hopefully b4 I leave. AndI'll try and call too.

Love you guys.

Elder Michael D Wilson

No comments:

MISSION HOME ADDRESS

Elder Michael David Wilson
Mision Peru Lima Este
Calle Los Agrologos 368
Urbinizacion Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina, Lima 12, Peru

POUCH ADDRESS

Only a single sheet of paper folded and taped can be sent via this address.

Elder Michael D. Wilson
Peru Lima East Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150

ELDER MICHAEL WILSON

MISSION: Bolivia Santa Cruz ENTERED MTC ON: June 25, 2008 RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2010

COUNTDOWN

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

2nd Nephi 15: 26-30
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth; and behold, they shall come with speed swiftly; none shall be weary nor stumble among them.

27 None shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken;

28 Whose arrows shall be sharp, and all their bows bent, and their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind, their roaring like a lion.

29 They shall roar like young lions; yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry away safe, and none shall deliver.

30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea; and if they look unto the land, behold, darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof

Mike receiving his call!

Mike receiving his call!